Canon Solutions America

www.csa.canon.com
  www.csa.canon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Canon Solutions America

This company is a large Manufacturing and Sales Organization will thousands of employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Canon Solutions America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good salary and health options

Cons

Not as caring as their positioning suggests

76 Other Employee Reviews for Canon Solutions America (View Most Recent)

Solid company

I worked at Canon Solutions America full-time

Pros

Opportunity for growth, large organization with the ability to move around.

Cons

Not a lot of communication from management

If you like processes and corporate bullstuff this place is is great!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Canon Solutions America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1. Free coffee (for now until some bean counter in accounting decides that coffee is a unneeded perk and you need to bring your own).

2. You can print off as many copies of your resume for free. After all, we sell some of the finest copiers and printers on the market today.

3. You receive a healthy car allowance, if you are in sales, that lasts about 2 weeks. The other two weeks you lose money.

4. Management is always finding new ways to help you stay productive and motivated.

5. Your new coworkers, and you'll see plenty of them if you stick around long enough, will provide you with new leads and sales opportunities after they quit. You really don't need to prospect anymore as you close all of their deals.

Cons

Management enjoys new ideas and motivational programs that make no sense. How is a $20 Starbucks gift card going to motivate me to make another sale this month?

Corporate Marketing is a joke. They are eager to provide you with all sorts of good ideas but when you come to them for help your emails are ignored, they tell you that their hands are tied, or that there is no money in the budget. Canon makes cameras but good luck getting one for a golf tournament prize or for a client's fund raising auction.

Management has no decision making authority. Some clerk in New York making $15 an hour can override a VP making $150 a year.

Everyone is happy to point fingers at each other but nobody takes accountability. If you need something done plan on waiting for an answer for 2 weeks minimum.

Good luck with getting help with an RFP. I stopped working the large deals because the Bid Group can't figure out how to assemble a proper response in time. It's easier to drop off a low ball bid to a prospect in an RFP situation than to deal with the Bid Group. We like to call them our "Customer Prevention Department".

Enjoy the ever changing comp plan. I'll make $30k less this year than I made in 2011 even though I sell 30% more.

White Americans will not advance in this company. There is a glass floor that only the Japanese live above. No matter how well you do, or how successful you are, you will never make it up to the levels of the guys from Tokyo.

Read the above comments and fix them. Your "processes" don't work.

There are newer employer reviews for Canon Solutions America