Canon Solutions America

www.csa.canon.com
  www.csa.canon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Canon Solutions America

good company to learn selling if new to industry

I worked at Canon Solutions America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

large company. Good experience to learn outside selling

Cons

long hours and lots of reporting for management.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Canon Solutions America (View Most Recent)

Canon was a good place to work

Former Employee - Account Representative in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Canon Solutions America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Canon had a good line up of products, good quality, and good people to work with, The branches were able to sell the full line up production level equipment, wide format offerings, printers, MFPs, print management services, and complete facilities management.

Cons

Once Canon and OCE merged there seemed to be a change in management direction. The only real negative was the size of the local existing account base.

Easily bored

Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Melville, NY

I worked at Canon Solutions America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice and helpful coworkers. I was lucky enough to have a great manager. Also, working under the Canon name is good for the resume. Decent place to get a paycheck, just not to develop a career.

Cons

Working for CSA is not the same as working for Canon USA (CUSA). It's essentially an in-house copier dealership that sells/leases different machines the same way a car dealership does. It seems like the workloads are balanced extremely disproportionately and everyone is either overwhelmed or bored. In my position, I quickly got up to speed and then leveled off with no real challenges or responsibility increases. There are no bonuses in most positions, so there's no incentive to work harder and I heard raises being reported at 2-3%. They're surprised every time a smart, motivated employee leaves the company, but it's so obvious that it's just a good name to work under while you search for a better opportunity. And, while the people I worked with were very nice, nobody seemed happy to be there, or seemed to even have anything good to say about the company. Every day was another complaint. It's a decent place to get a check, they pay alright, but it's nothing that will attract and keep real talent.

Give some incentive to work harder/stay with the company. That's why the talented people seem to go through a revolving door. Don't prevent people from moving outward, so many of your employees are more interested in other departments. When you don't let them move, they resent it and are going to leave the company altogether eventually. It's just not smart.

There are newer employer reviews for Canon Solutions America