There are newer employer reviews for Canon Solutions America

good company to learn selling if new to industry

I worked at Canon Solutions America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

large company. Good experience to learn outside selling

Cons

long hours and lots of reporting for management.

Other Employee Reviews for Canon Solutions America

Easily bored

Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Melville, NY

I worked at Canon Solutions America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice and helpful coworkers. I was lucky enough to have a great manager. Also, working under the Canon name is good for the resume. Decent place to get a paycheck, just not to develop a career.

Cons

Working for CSA is not the same as working for Canon USA (CUSA). It's essentially an in-house copier dealership that sells/leases different machines the same way a car dealership does. It seems like the workloads are balanced extremely disproportionately and everyone is either overwhelmed or bored. In my position, I quickly got up to speed and then leveled off with no real challenges or responsibility increases. There are no bonuses in most positions, so there's no incentive to work harder and I heard raises being reported at 2-3%. They're surprised every time a smart, motivated employee leaves the company, but it's so obvious that it's just a good name to work under while you search for a better opportunity. And, while the people I worked with were very nice, nobody seemed happy to be there, or seemed to even have anything good to say about the company. Every day was another complaint. It's a decent place to get a check, they pay alright, but it's nothing that will attract and keep real talent.

Advice to Management

Give some incentive to work harder/stay with the company. That's why the talented people seem to go through a revolving door. Don't prevent people from moving outward, so many of your employees are more interested in other departments. When you don't let them move, they resent it and are going to leave the company altogether eventually. It's just not smart.

"Canon (field service) seems to like young guys"

Former Employee - Field Tech in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Field Tech in Chicago, IL

I worked at Canon Solutions America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Likely there are always positions available for the unemployed.

Cons

1) Oce management transitoned into this new entity 2) Manic certification process 3) Carrot-dangling-over-the-cliff metrics/Key Performance index 4) (Apparently) non-competitive compensation

Advice to Management

The title of this review was a quote from a transitioning Oce Service VP to a roomful of 50+ year olds with 30+ years of service. While 2013 seems to have brought a mass exodus of the surviving Oce field service staff, they seem to be having quite a time maintaining their preferred "young guys". My advice to deaf ears?? Clean house of the Oce transitionals from the region on up. They've been playing nothing but number games to survive for the last few years. Stand up to Japan and explain American service employees do not need to know the Japanese terms for their disciplines. Tell them we don't practice "Karōshi" in the USA.