Canon USA

www.usa.canon.com
  www.usa.canon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Canon USA

A good, solid company for hard-working and patient employees.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Lake Success, NY
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Canon USA

Pros

They are a very stable company and very conservative. They manage their risks very carefully, which in turn gives me a stable work environment....which in this economy is a GOOD thing. They are the tortoise in the race against the hare...somehow despite their slow place, they always manage to win in the end.

Cons

Some changes are slow. The Japanese culture within the corporate headquarters takes some time to get adjusted to. I've watched many people leave the company after a year or two because they felt they weren't promoted fast enough...only to regret their decision after they joined another company.

Keep up the good work!

159 Other Employee Reviews for Canon USA (View Most Recent)

No Advancement or career path

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Lake Success, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Canon USA

Pros

- Fortune 100 Company
    - Great culture and semi-good benefitss
    - Great learning environment
    - Easy working hours

Cons

No clear track for advancement
    - No Flex time
    - No carry over of vacation or sick days
    - HR Dept is very 'sneaky'

Please share your plans with staff members. It seems that we never know what is going on until the last minute.
    AND please change the compensation structure.

Solid place, but nothing special.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Irving, TX

I worked at Canon USA

Pros

Canon has a decent health benefits plan. Stability and lovely 35 hour work weeks (matching Japanese parent company). Colleagues are generally very nice people to work with. Solid company but leave any serious aspirations behind.

Cons

Canon is not meant for people pushing their career track. It is a good solid place to work and have a job. There is little recognition, there raise plan is not fair. Your manager has little power, all is held up VPs on up. Thus your manager will generally just take marching orders. The parent company is slow with responses and CUSA has little power to create their own destiny. Sometimes vision is lacking, see the Ikon and Danka impact.

Not sure they have the power to break the hold by the Japanese bosses sent in from Japan. But they can fix their raise plan, which is a serious setback. Senior Management is powerless, so I am not sure if they can fix the issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Canon USA