Canon USA

www.usa.canon.com

Why Oh Why Did I Leave?

National Accounts Representative (Former Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsBenefits are amazing. I had a baby and paid only $100 out of pocket, simply amazing.
On Site Gym. I lost about 10 pounds working out before I got pregnant.
On Site Cafeteria
Fantastic Managers and Supervisors
Very mellow workplace
Decent Pay
Excellent Expansion- They post new job openings for about a week before opening to the public because they like promoting within home and outsiders when they really need to.

I truly miss this job, my department and my old coworkers and will jump at the chance to come back as soon as they open up again. Definitely a place I can call home for a very long time. I lasted a little over 2 years but left because of a conflict in schedule after maternity leave. That was a sad day indeed. Loved the president, Mr. Joe Adachi. Loved the end of year and top of the year bonuses because that told us that he cared and wanted to keep his company together. Some may say it's a revolving door company but to be honest, the 2 years I was there we only needed a few agents to replace the few that left for personal reasons and one termination. They like to retain their employees so they like to exhaust everything possible to maintain you before giving up. I loved my supervisor, he was caring and very understanding. This is not just lies, this is my personal experience.

ConsThe only con I can come up with is the micromanagement at times in regards to cell phone usage. Now, I know you are not supposed to be using your cell on the floor or texting but to me you have to lead by example and when your manager is doing it but he's threatening a write up with you doing it then that's a problem to me. I still feel that we are all adults and know how to work and handle our own cell phones without rules but that goes for all companies insistent on harping on this rule. Nevertheless, that is the only con, which really isn't one, just more a personal opinion.

Very solid employer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Canon USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Work with smart people, many of whom have worked for the company a long time. - Company sells market-leading devices-- which one can only fully… Cons: - Of course you wish you'd get paid more, but comp is satisfactory. - Two-edged sword: Because it's a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unbelievable.............

Middle Mgt (Current Employee) Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Canon USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great products. Good management practices in Sales Divisions. Administrative divisions… Cons: Bizzarre Administrative Upper Management. Make their own rules as required. Feel that company policies do not apply to them. Impossible to challange them. Incompetent… Advice to Senior Management: You: Drop the yawning and the defensive attitude. Other Guy:drop the hottie, tell the truth for a change, back your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Canon USA.

Worked for Canon USA? Contribute to the Community!