There are newer employer reviews for Canon USA

Great Place to work!

Former Employee - Technical Marketing Analyst in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Technical Marketing Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Canon USA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They appreciate their people. When the chips were down due to the turn in the economy, they took care of their employees. They offer average pay, but have great benefits. Nobody will get rich working at Canon, but they will enjoy the balance between work and home while being employed at the company. I had left for personal reasons, but years later still have very fond memories of my time at Canon USA.

Cons

The products Canon creates is not at the premium it once deserved. Towards the end of my time at Canon, there became a certain Xerox type of feeling permeating through the company. Some thought that the Canon products were so superior to the rest of the competition that many would pay the higher price to have the pleasure of owning a Canon product. During the past few years and the loss of a few big accounts, many still have that feeling.

As with all companies, there are some people in management that should have been let go years ago. The best sales people and/or report writers are not always the best managers of people.

153 Other Employee Reviews for Canon USA (View Most Recent)

Great Benefits and Great Fellow Employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Canon USA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, great products, great pay and great fellow employees. Actually a really good company to work for.

Cons

Micromanaging can bring down a really great company. One set of standards for the Japaneses and one set of standards for the Americans working for them. Corporate office NY treats other offices like red headed step children. Have priced products way to high and loosing customers because of it. HR acting like they are god.

Don't make the same business mistakes that Xerox did which brought them down in the rankings. Stop micromanaging and believe in all of your employees and not just the Japaneses. Canon was number one in the world at one time. What happen? Running the good name of Canon into the ground. Not giving our customers the respect and outstanding customer service they deserve.

Why Oh Why Did I Leave?

Former Employee - National Accounts Representative in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - National Accounts Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Canon USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are amazing. I had a baby and paid only $100 out of pocket, simply amazing.
    On Site Gym. I lost about 10 pounds working out before I got pregnant.
    On Site Cafeteria
    Fantastic Managers and Supervisors
    Very mellow workplace
    Decent Pay
    Excellent Expansion- They post new job openings for about a week before opening to the public because they like promoting within home and outsiders when they really need to.

I truly miss this job, my department and my old coworkers and will jump at the chance to come back as soon as they open up again. Definitely a place I can call home for a very long time. I lasted a little over 2 years but left because of a conflict in schedule after maternity leave. That was a sad day indeed. Loved the president, Mr. Joe Adachi. Loved the end of year and top of the year bonuses because that told us that he cared and wanted to keep his company together. Some may say it's a revolving door company but to be honest, the 2 years I was there we only needed a few agents to replace the few that left for personal reasons and one termination. They like to retain their employees so they like to exhaust everything possible to maintain you before giving up. I loved my supervisor, he was caring and very understanding. This is not just lies, this is my personal experience.

Cons

The only con I can come up with is the micromanagement at times in regards to cell phone usage. Now, I know you are not supposed to be using your cell on the floor or texting but to me you have to lead by example and when your manager is doing it but he's threatening a write up with you doing it then that's a problem to me. I still feel that we are all adults and know how to work and handle our own cell phones without rules but that goes for all companies insistent on harping on this rule. Nevertheless, that is the only con, which really isn't one, just more a personal opinion.

There are newer employer reviews for Canon USA