There are newer employer reviews for Canrig Drilling Technology

Easy company to work for and grow

Current Employee - Software Specialist in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Software Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Canrig Drilling Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very laid back company. Good people. Good company to grow. People are very friendly and efficient

Cons

Slow in implimentation and slow in development. They waste a lot of time in unnecessary planning.

Get employee referal program

reviews filtered by
  1. Awesome job, Excellent Training, Freedom to work if you do your job!

Current Employee - Field Service Technician Top Drives in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician Top Drives in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Canrig Drilling Technology full-time

Pros

Freedom without micro management. I set my own schedule every morning and take care of my rigs.

Cons

To much of the old guard still around that likes to gripe about how things used to be and wish that it was like it used to be. If you hate your job that much, by all means, quit.

Get rid of dead weight.

2. Rigline 24/7 - A Young and Growing Call Center

Current Employee - Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Canrig Drilling Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For me, Canrig is a great company to work for and I see it heading in a positive direction as a whole. I work in Rigline 24/7, Canrig's support center/call center, and can say that it shares many features/characteristics with standard US-Based call centers but differentiates itself in a number of ways including - nearly unlimited paid training opportunities, great schedules which allow for approximately half the year off and direct communication with management at all levels.

Having worked in multiple call centers previously, I can say that the experience here is vastly BETTER than the conventional bureaucratic, bean counter call centers where numbers are all that matter.

The first pro I listed is becoming increasingly rare but at Canrig/Rigline, it remains firmly seated in the organization. In fact, Training is not only paid for, it is highly encouraged for not only advancement in your current position but even for cross-training if you'd like to advance to other positions or areas. Admittedly to attend training beyond your initial classes when hired, you do need to be proactive and actually request the courses if you want to go to them.

Secondly is the center has a schedule setup which you won't find in any other call center. This isn't to suggest that other call centers couldn't do it or that this is a secret to this company but it just isn't done. The standard schedule here is 7 days on and 7 days off with 12 hour shifts. This equates to 26 work weeks during the year and 26 full weeks of off time. I can't imagine how anyone could take this for granted as it gives me time to do things I would NEVER be able to do anywhere else.

For anyone who has ever worked in a normal call center, communicating with management beyond your immediate team leader is painfully difficult and in many cases isnt even possible. I can honestly say that this isn't the case here as I have approached my supervisor on multiple instances and had conversations about my concerns, ideas, suggestions, etc and at more than a couple of my ideas have been used. I know that if I have a problem or concern that needs to be addressed, I can bring it up and get a answer or solution.

I feel obligated to point out that although the previous reviews appear to be negative, most of staff here are happy and enjoy the same benefits mentioned above.

Cons

Please note that I titled this review a young and growing call center because like any young and growing individual, group or company, issues do arise. These issues have either been overcome already or are currently being addressed.

The largest ongoing issue I can spot at this point is that this call center has or has had a lot of employees who have either never worked in a call center a day in their life (therefore don't understand how call centers operate) or have no appreciation for work. These individuals complain to others in the center and attempt to bring down the morale. I find this frustrating to work with as I enjoy my work, like my job and want to be successful with this company. These same individuals post their complaints on this website instead of speaking with their boss.

Continue to grow and improve the center. Eliminate bad employees who attempt to bring morale down by openly complaining and who don't desire to work here.

There are newer employer reviews for Canrig Drilling Technology