Canteen

There are newer employer reviews for Canteen

Regional Sales Director

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Canteen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with a lot of room for advancement. Canteen is the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

The company will provide you with a lot of freedom and it can be enough to hang yourself if you are not a hard worker.

n/a

20 Other Employee Reviews for Canteen (View Most Recent)

Wide Corporate Structure

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Canteen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stable work environment that is ever evolving as America grows more and more attached to the consumption of junk food.

Cons

Customer service managers enter the company in a very wide (flat) spot on the corporate ladder. I had five peers and only one position that we could realistically compete for. As the person in that position was not going anywhere for a while... I came to realize that I had no place to advance without relocating. Very long hours. Culture at my location appreciated hard work and sacrifice of time... not smart work and efficient use of time. Finishing something early meant more time to go back and redo/recheck.

Stay far away from this company

Former Employee - Route Sales Driver in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Route Sales Driver in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Canteen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is no up side to working for this company. They take full advantage of their employees on a regular basis.

Cons

You will work extremely long hours; an average of 12 per day and this is a physically demanding job. You will be placed on straight commission with no consideration for drive time and loading time. Your pay will work out to be approximately $7.50 per hour. When you return to the warehouse at the end of your day, you'll be expected to pull your own product and load your own truck.

A smart business owner could easily come in and recruit your whole team in 1 day. Most employees are currently seeking employment elsewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Canteen