Cantor Fitzgerald
www.cantor.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Smart and engaging people, very challenging environment to work in

Associate (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsTremendous ability to learn and grow in your role, fantastic teammates and support group, significant responsibility from a very early on. More team-oriented culture vs. other big banks.

ConsCan be very long hours sitting behind a desk in a somewhat stressful environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management can be more transparent about the future growth and direction of the company, and can continue to improve their internal communications about positive company-related news.

Shark Tank, Largely Filled With Guppies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Huge payouts and treated like royalty IF you were an… Cons: Management created a highly political environment that rewarded focus on… Advice to Senior Management: The traditional business (sales/trading) is dying (if not dead) - so stop trying to hold… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Entrepreneurial sink-or-swim culture, great place to learn if you are self-motivated

Vice President (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time for more than a year

Pros: Cantor is a medium/small sized firm compared to other bulge bracket firms, with a very entrepreneurial 'sink-or-swim' culture. As a mid-level employee, you have… Cons: There are some long hours, but very similar to other investment banks (according to friends in the industry). You have to be extremely self-motivated… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate more positive news to all staff on a more regular basis, and more professional… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cantor Fitzgerald.

Worked for Cantor Fitzgerald? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cantor Fitzgerald reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cantor Fitzgerald CEO Howard W. Lutnick. All reviews posted anonymously by Cantor Fitzgerald employees.