There are newer employer reviews for Cantor Fitzgerald

Strong culture, entrepreneurial and rewarding

Current Employee - Senior Managing Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For the finance professional with superior client relationships and market experience. Very entrepreneurial firm, flat structure and notable commission platform. Sales force have the ability to dictate what they get paid, if they are willing to put in the time. Fixed Income business is only 7-8 years old, and essentially feels like a start up in many regards – considerable room for growth and career advancement. This is a prestigious organization that has done fairly well during the crisis. When calling on customers, they instantly recognize the Cantor name, brand and longstanding history in finance.

Cons

Very small, lean teams –little room for fat anywhere in the company.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Cantor Fitzgerald (View Most Recent)

Amazing...

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The "Wall Street Perks"---Good luck

Cons

It is truly amazing that there are positive reviews on here. Working there as long as I had and leaving (voluntarily) for a new industry, despite my background, I can notfathom it---unless Howie has people putting up positive reviews. They low ball your salary and promisw a ceratin bonus. Put it in your offer letter, because everyone's recollection disappears. They legit hire past dancers, waitresses etc based on their pictures. This company is a time bomb and the 2nd level of management is paid 4X what the VP's are---title no money. Just a terrible place, I was warned when I arrived and now I warn when I leave. Unless you are a 19 year old girl with no college that they can pay 35k to--you will have the time of your life.

EAD

Good place for entry level learning, experienced job-seekers look elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Staffing is so thin that you will likely have exposure to many different products, markets, and systems.There is almost no routine so work is seldom boring. Constant onboarding of new business lines, products, and traders add to the learning experience.

Cons

Staffing is so thin that the hours are long in many departments. You will not be fairly compensated for all those hours you put in. The benefit package is awful. What was once a cash bonus is now mostly stock in another company where you only become fully vested years later. No raises. There is not enough support (staffing, IT, constant turnover of knowledgeable people, etc.) for new business lines. This leads to a chaotic, stressful environment where management isolates and blames employees as opposed to working together, leading, and achieving.

Management boils down to one person who doesn't really concern himself with advice from others.

There are newer employer reviews for Cantor Fitzgerald