Capco

www.capco.com
  www.capco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Capco

OK if you need work or want to get into consulting space (but can't break into the big 4)

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent wages, willingness to sponsor some employees for visas (not applicable to me), hours are reasonable for consulting.

Cons

Management treats employees like chips in a game of poker, bringing in more when work is plentiful and cutting them when business is slower. The fact that they are heavily weighted to small handful of clients contributes to this fact. There is NO clear training or growth prospects since the infrastructure is lacking as are formal processes. Most client engagements are staff-augmentation roles so that you become of temp employee of the client - not a consultant. Due to the high turnover and erratic client engagements, you WILL work on projects that are outside of your areas of specialty leading to low quality output and client dissatisfaction. Finally, unprofessional employees permeate this organization and there is no means of voicing needs regarding change.

Remember that consulting firms watch their assets walk into and out of the door each day. Build a culture and earn organizational growth by investing in your employees' development. Act professionally when on-boarding and off-boarding employees since its a small market and you will run into them again. While I like many people with whom I worked, I will not hire Capco for as a client nor would I consider rejoining them as an employee without dramatic organizational changes.

231 Other Employee Reviews for Capco (View Most Recent)

Driven environment, thoughtful but distracted leaders, decent compensation

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capco full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is a IT consulting company so there is travel involved. The company has great opportunities for aspiring individuals to contribute and make a difference. The salary and benefits have been great because they consider themselves a premium consulting service so they are expensive but there experience in the Finance world is highly recognized although I don't have any personal experience in that area. I like the atmosphere and my management team.

Cons

The travel can be hectic and the pressure intense because they have important clients but what company doesn't? I would like to have more guidance and direction and more contact with my mentor but I think this aspect of the company is still growing. The QA skills for the other workers are far below what I would expect from a premium firm. I think they are overly concerned with billable and not actual work delivered.

Individual growth is being addressed each year because I that that has been one of the common complaints but I would still like to see more change in this area. I would add that Capco's effort in this area is still leaps and bounds above many companies.

If your willing to deal with the downside...

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Smaller firm, so less admin type of work compared to big 4. Will initially overpay to attract employees.

Cons

No real projects, more of a body shop. Heavily invested in GSEs, tech pmo work.
    Difficult selling to clients, therefore limited work. Partners have limited contacts.
    If you are not close to a partner you will receive very little comp.
    Lots of Bearingpoint people, the same place that went bankrupt.
    Old capco had a strong reputation.
    Lots of layoffs in 2011 due to reliance on one client.
    Promoted lots of people to roles they are not fit for.

There are newer employer reviews for Capco