Capco

There are newer employer reviews for Capco

Project Manager - Ended up Leaving Federal Program Dissatisfied

Former Employee - Project Manager in Herndon, VA
Former Employee - Project Manager in Herndon, VA

I worked at Capco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Capco has strong client contracts but many of the employees outside the senior level are subpar. The company has a horrendous interview process (multiple phone calls leading to group meetings - boiler room style) and I should have never accepted the position after going through such an unprofessional number of steps. The Federal client has a positive overall impression of Capco though this is likely achieved at the C-level and does not filter down into middle management of financial and IT programs.

Cons

Worst interview process I've ever gone through with a consulting company or investment bank. Extremely unprofessional and I didn't feel valued during the several weeks of discussions. Client engagements were often rushed and overbilling of the client more commonplace than with other (similar) programs. Team building exercises were often looked upon negatively and rushed by nearly all members.

Highflying consultancies and investment firms are a dime-a-dozen. The ones that last long-term do not conduct themselves with such mannerisms. Strengthen your core-management values and client engagements and the financial benefits will follow. No need to have so many ex-employees tell their friends and former classmates not to consider working with Capco. Right now, your profitability ratios are decent, down the road, they will be much less so if you continue along the same path. One of the strengths of the best firms is retaining key talent, not just attracting said associates with decent compensation packages.

210 Other Employee Reviews for Capco (View Most Recent)

Weird culture and lack of leadership

I worked at Capco

Pros

Hires very smart people from industry

Cons

lack of consistency among management

Great place to work from a cultural and developmental perspective

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Capco is a wonderful place to work with management that really tries to help those who want to develop their skills. It has an open door policy but you sill have to walk through that door so if you just expect things to happen then try the fast food industry. Compensation and benefits are very generous! Projects are very interesting if you position yourself in line with what interests you. I was able to remain billable while being placed on projects that interest me.

Cons

If you are looking for someone to hold your hand through the entire process this firm will not work for you. If you are a "go-getter" and enjoy creating your own path than you will love this place. Sometimes (rarely), you will be asked to work late!

My advice to management is to make sure to not only acquire talent, but also work to retain the talent you acquire

There are newer employer reviews for Capco