Capco
www.capco.com Edegem, Belgium 1000 to 5000 Employees

Project Manager - Ended up Leaving Federal Program Dissatisfied

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Herndon, VA

ProsCapco has strong client contracts but many of the employees outside the senior level are subpar. The company has a horrendous interview process (multiple phone calls leading to group meetings - boiler room style) and I should have never accepted the position after going through such an unprofessional number of steps. The Federal client has a positive overall impression of Capco though this is likely achieved at the C-level and does not filter down into middle management of financial and IT programs.

ConsWorst interview process I've ever gone through with a consulting company or investment bank. Extremely unprofessional and I didn't feel valued during the several weeks of discussions. Client engagements were often rushed and overbilling of the client more commonplace than with other (similar) programs. Team building exercises were often looked upon negatively and rushed by nearly all members.

Advice to Senior ManagementHighflying consultancies and investment firms are a dime-a-dozen. The ones that last long-term do not conduct themselves with such mannerisms. Strengthen your core-management values and client engagements and the financial benefits will follow. No need to have so many ex-employees tell their friends and former classmates not to consider working with Capco. Right now, your profitability ratios are decent, down the road, they will be much less so if you continue along the same path. One of the strengths of the best firms is retaining key talent, not just attracting said associates with decent compensation packages.

Great place to work from a cultural and developmental perspective

New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros: Capco is a wonderful place to work with management that really tries to help those who want to develop their skills. It has an open… Cons: If you are looking for someone to hold your hand through the entire process this firm will not work for you. If you… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to management is to make sure to not only… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Faux consulting, Genuine career-killer

Principal Consultant (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Gives out decent laptops, cell phones - Willing to overlook lack of financial services experience - Has a great marketing department to give the appearance… Cons: Where to even begin? - You are expected to bill and work 10 hour days for 8 hours of pay; criminal overbilling of the client is… Advice to Senior Management: Cash out. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Capco.

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capco CEO Rob Heyvaert. All reviews posted anonymously by Capco employees.