Capco

www.capco.com

Project Manager - Ended up Leaving Federal Program Dissatisfied

Project Manager (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsCapco has strong client contracts but many of the employees outside the senior level are subpar. The company has a horrendous interview process (multiple phone calls leading to group meetings - boiler room style) and I should have never accepted the position after going through such an unprofessional number of steps. The Federal client has a positive overall impression of Capco though this is likely achieved at the C-level and does not filter down into middle management of financial and IT programs.

ConsWorst interview process I've ever gone through with a consulting company or investment bank. Extremely unprofessional and I didn't feel valued during the several weeks of discussions. Client engagements were often rushed and overbilling of the client more commonplace than with other (similar) programs. Team building exercises were often looked upon negatively and rushed by nearly all members.

Advice to Senior ManagementHighflying consultancies and investment firms are a dime-a-dozen. The ones that last long-term do not conduct themselves with such mannerisms. Strengthen your core-management values and client engagements and the financial benefits will follow. No need to have so many ex-employees tell their friends and former classmates not to consider working with Capco. Right now, your profitability ratios are decent, down the road, they will be much less so if you continue along the same path. One of the strengths of the best firms is retaining key talent, not just attracting said associates with decent compensation packages.

HR is biggest problem and needs change

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Capco is really into happy hrs which provides for a… Cons: HR recruiting team has single handedly killed the prestige and reputation of Capco. Due to the nature of consulting, a heavy importance in HR screening possible… Advice to Senior Management: Restructure entire HR team, they are worse than disappointing when it comes to recruiting talent and is a major… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Better than unemployment... barely

Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros: Ability to be staffed and put in front of senior clients regardless of experience or qualifications Willing to dramatically undersell competitors to get in the door… Cons: Recruitment hires non-stop regardless of pipeline Poor management alienates qualified people Doesn't value people or clients Mostly… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing. The few pockets of good people you do have left will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Capco.

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!