Capco

Consulting? Really? More like Staff Augmentation

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBeats unemployment
Paychecks twice a month
Worklife balance is awesome because the work is a joke.
Excluding HR, the backoffice staff is a great eye candy and motivates men to come into the office.
Referral bonus is nice and only 3 months are required for your referral. There are over a handful of people who are using the referral system to make up for deficiencies in their pay.

ConsWhere do we start? Besides the fact that Capco isn't a real consultancy, let alone a management consultancy, the "projects" are very poor and it's ultimately a bodyshop.

Pipeline is very small to non existent. Big lay offs are coming soon because the bench is massive.

Skills rarely align with work and the "domains" concept is merely a facade. 99% of the work in every domain is backoffice/tech related. There is no Capital Markets work, but there are "Capital Markets" clients! This is the main recruiting pitch by the incompetent HR staff, who will take anyone off the street with a pulse and a bachelor's degree. I have a friend who arrived 2.5 hours late to a "Superday" and got an offer. Pathetic... One could go on, but a firm is a representation of its hiring practices and Capco's are terrible from the bottom on up.

Leadership is a joke and just a bunch of "partners" with a Rolodex from their Bearing Point days. Yes, the same Bearing Point that went belly up so the writing is on the wall.

Do yourself a favor, look elsewhere because the moment you walk out of the elevator, you will wish you never worked here. If you make it past the elevator, try out the cafe to network and talk with the imbeciles they let through the door. If that isn't the nail in the coffin, then good luck!

Advice to Senior ManagementSell your equity so FIS can implement some HR standards. The trash coming through the door is just downright insulting.

Weird culture and lack of leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Capco

Pros: Hires very smart people from industry Cons: lack of consistency among management More

Project Manager - Ended up Leaving Federal Program Dissatisfied

Project Manager (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

I worked at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros: Capco has strong client contracts but many of the employees outside the senior level are subpar. The company has a horrendous interview process (multiple phone… Cons: Worst interview process I've ever gone through with a consulting company or investment bank. Extremely unprofessional and I didn't feel valued during the several weeks… Advice to Senior Management: Highflying consultancies and investment firms are a dime-a-dozen. The ones that last long-term do not conduct themselves with such mannerisms. Strengthen your core-management values and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Capco.

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!