Capco

www.capco.com

close to a resume killer, especially for junior-level employees

ProsPros:

Free gatorade, waters, sodas in the office.

some resource managers / senior leaders actually care.

ConsCons:

Overall: The Firm is turning into a poor quality IT outsourcing firm. It is NOT a management consultancy, and it can barely compete with Big 4 advisory (think EY FSO).

The new "digital" division is just another facade to cover for tech pmo roles.

Projects: Extremely poor to so-so projects. Most 'projects' are actually outsourcing / staff aug projects (think you're filling in for a low profile role the client doesn't actually want to hire/pay for).

The "Change Sourcing" projects are outsourcing engagements. A large number of consultants are actually just doing testing/PMO for groups at banks now.
The more interesting projects cap off at designing and implementing PMO.

If you are looking for financial services projects, please look elsewhere.

Leadership: Poor to average at best. Most don't really care about their employees' development. Most are just excited about their big payout when FIS fully buys out Capco in the next few years.

Benefits: Great vacation allowance - however many days are "forced" vacation days. If you're not billing, be expected to take a few days off.

Pay: On the lower end of consultancies. Bonuses are almost non-existent, even with a "record-year".

Advice to Senior ManagementCome clean about your strategy and the future of the business.

Great company, met some incredibly smart people there.

Principal Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Enjoyed working for a small European-style company, yet on projects for some of the largest IBs… Cons: After "acquisition" of Bearing Point staff, the company changed drastically. The big four accounting mentality was brought in,… Advice to Senior Management: There are some great partners who are phenomenal to work for, and they should… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Capco as an intern

Pros: I was thrown right in as an intern and learn a lot about the internal… Cons: I worked with people that were much older than me and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Capco.

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!