Capcom Vancouver
www.capcomvancouver.com Burnaby, Canada 150 to 499 Employees

Ineffective management at best, toxic at worst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Capcom Vancouver full-time for more than a year

ProsSome great, talented people on the dev teams
Good games
OK studio facility
Good pay
(You ask for 20 words minimum but it's hard to come up with more pros than the above so writing this sentence to fulfill the word minimum)

ConsAll the other reviews pretty much sum it up. The biggest problem is inflated egos and office politics at the senior level. The people who get promoted to the top are generally those who ask no questions and simply tow the line for top execs. Questionable HR practices, and also a tendency to rid themselves of experienced pros who might dare to have an opinion, and replace them with junior people who are inevitably cheaper and easier to tell what to do, but less experienced so will ultimately affect quality and probably the studio long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time off to really examine your HR and business practices over the last couple of years. People are too scared to say it for fear of losing their jobs but most people there are unhappy with the way you run the place.

a mini EA Canada in culture

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Capcom Vancouver full-time for less than a year

Pros: works on sequeal of a title with name recognition decent office… Cons: poisonous politics culture. employees treated like any other disposable assets. poor quality… Advice to Senior Management: most are from EA canada nearby. Same culture. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Far and away the worst management at any place I've ever worked

Designer (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Capcom Vancouver full-time for more than a year

Pros: Vancouver a great city to work and live in if you can afford it; good people outside of EPs and senior management; beer on the… Cons: Where to begin? The other reviews here pretty much tell it true: the laughably obsolete tech, candor invariably punished, promotions and filling of senior… Advice to Senior Management: Promote and reward talent rather than sycophancy. Get rid of institutionalized practices of self-destruction. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Capcom Vancouver.

Worked for Capcom Vancouver? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capcom Vancouver reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capcom Vancouver CEO Rob Barrett. All reviews posted anonymously by Capcom Vancouver employees.