Capgemini

Typical consulting firm

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini

Pros

-Mix of project oppertunites. You can work on a technology project for a while, then move to a business consulting project.
-As with any consulting firm, your life is pretty dynamic and always intesting.
-You can advance quickly if you have a skill set.

Cons

-Skillsets are built with experience, and it can be difficult to find a consistant line of work.
-As with any consulting firm, the project comes first when work/life balance is involved. You'll be asked to cancel personal things on a moments notice to keep the client happy.
-You've got to work very had to build personal relationships with the movers and shakers to ensure you have consistant work.
-No utilization bonus'
-Poor internal communication within the company. You won't know what projects are starting up, which ones are finishing, or who can help you with what.

-Build a network of internal communication. It will pay dividends in better trained and informed consultants
-Bonus on utilization and project rating.

2278 Other Employee Reviews for Capgemini (View Most Recent)

Walk away from the hipe.

Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Capgemini

Pros

A lot of great co-workers to gain knowledge from.

Cons

It is a sweatshop. Employees need 8 more hours added to a 24 hour day and another day added to the 7 day work week to get everything done. Employee capacity is not managed. Some people have too much work while others are walking around "on the beach". I worked at 130% capacity for over 8 months with management's knowledge. When I told management that I was burned out, nothing happened. 1 year later my department was moved to India. We'll see how that works.

Appreciate your employees. There are many good employees and you need to appreciate them. Show them you respect them. It is more than just the "values" you put on a website, you have to walk the talk.

A decent place to work for a couple years

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

experiences and exposure to different industries you'll obtain while employed. The people you'll work with are also great and the experiences you'll have with them inside and outside of work can be rewarding. Consulting is a great starting point for a career.

Cons

the travel
    you have no input as to what projects you would like to work on
    Capgemini is more focused on information technology consulting than strategy consulting

stop reorganizing the company