There are newer employer reviews for Capgemini

Great people to work with. Not a true consulting environment however.

Current Employee - Staff Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

The people you work and interact with are truly wonderful. The management is helpful and supportive, and forming a network is quite easy and happens naturally.

Cons

The projects are typically not the most interesting and often you will end up working with outdated technology and tools.

Be prepared to pursue project that are current and cutting edge to move more in the the visionary portion of Gartners quadrant. This will even help in retaining top talent.

2127 Other Employee Reviews for Capgemini (View Most Recent)

Growth depended highly on the project you got assigned to

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Capgemini

Pros

Since it is a consulting company, you get a chance to work at different accounts. This can easily turn things around for better or worse. I would recommend changing projects before changing jobs. It can make a huge difference.

Cons

The bad projects can be bad!!! In my case, the client was not the issue, but instead it was senior management. I found that in tough times, senior management does not make changes, but instead rides out the problems. I felt that one or two key senior staff changes would have made a huge difference but alas, nothing was done. It is the reason for me leaving. I did, as I mention in the Pros section, switch projects but it was too late for me. I had already grown dissatisfied with the company.

This is going to sound cliche but being a bit more in touch with the situation and seeing for yourself what the situation is on the ground will give you insights that a status report will not. This is especially important if the morale of the project is going down.

A grueling and hostile environment to work in. Very cut throat and territorial in respect to working together as oneteam

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Capgemini

Pros

Long work hours and interactions with customers a great deal of face-time. Interactions with your peers and peers in other groups when territory constraints made it difficult.

Cons

Communications, back-stabbing, lack of respect for the employee when help is needed. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Always wanting more for less, never compensate for hours over 40 most weeks were between 60-80 hours. When an employee goes out for STD or even vacation tables and positions change quickly as though you were never part of a project. Never mind how much input you have after returning, as your post has been back filled and your no longer a valued employee because you took time out for family or personal reasons.

Get a clue, learn how to communicate openly with employees. Allow retention and interaction with customer accounts which could starve off 3rd party companies from taking over accounts and stealing business. Strive to be 2nd to none, and do not allow influence from outside contractors to dictate how a team or department should be run!~

There are newer employer reviews for Capgemini

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!