Capgemini

www.capgemini.com
  www.capgemini.com
There are newer employer reviews for Capgemini

Great people to work with. Not a true consulting environment however.

Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

The people you work and interact with are truly wonderful. The management is helpful and supportive, and forming a network is quite easy and happens naturally.

Cons

The projects are typically not the most interesting and often you will end up working with outdated technology and tools.

Be prepared to pursue project that are current and cutting edge to move more in the the visionary portion of Gartners quadrant. This will even help in retaining top talent.

2291 Other Employee Reviews for Capgemini (View Most Recent)

Need the enhancement for maketing to get more local client

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Capgemini

Pros

Provided unique opportunities to place resources to the client in Detroit

Cons

Did not meet the finacial expectation for travel consultants.

Enhance middle level management leadship skills to place qualified people to right positions instead of just place leads based on their seniority.

Growth depended highly on the project you got assigned to

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Capgemini

Pros

Since it is a consulting company, you get a chance to work at different accounts. This can easily turn things around for better or worse. I would recommend changing projects before changing jobs. It can make a huge difference.

Cons

The bad projects can be bad!!! In my case, the client was not the issue, but instead it was senior management. I found that in tough times, senior management does not make changes, but instead rides out the problems. I felt that one or two key senior staff changes would have made a huge difference but alas, nothing was done. It is the reason for me leaving. I did, as I mention in the Pros section, switch projects but it was too late for me. I had already grown dissatisfied with the company.

This is going to sound cliche but being a bit more in touch with the situation and seeing for yourself what the situation is on the ground will give you insights that a status report will not. This is especially important if the morale of the project is going down.

There are newer employer reviews for Capgemini