There are newer employer reviews for Capgemini

Capgemini: global leader in consulting and employee advancement

Current Employee - Consulting Manager
Current Employee - Consulting Manager

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

CAPGEMINI is a great example of “a caring and cozy place" to work while it has “the presence and the drive” of a major global player!
This is a wonderful combination of balance and accumulated business wisdom!

Company has huge numbers of hires from College campuses every year (such as Cornell, Georgia Tech, NYU, Harvard etc) and supports organic growth.

Plus it maintains over 30 BUSINESS UNITS and that allows employees to seek inter-company transfers.

Also, Capgemini has global presence and offices. This fact encourages Capgemini employees to “move and work” internationally while they experience firsthand the benefits of diversity and culture.

Capgemini management is very approachable and they all strive to strike a balance between “work and family” for all employees.

Cons

I believe that some of the acquisitions have not adopted the mild and collaborative spirit of Capgemini. Capgemini acquires a company or two every year worldwide. However, some of them are hard to assimilate due to their own way of doing business before.
"Small company" mentality,
"Start-up "mentality,
"Body shop" mentality,
has proven to be challenging “to work with” the openness, team-player and supportive mentality that our Company has demonstrated for year as E&Y and then as Capgemini in North America.

Pay attention to the dynamics between the new people coming from the new companies we buy and how they integrate with the "legacy" Capgemini way of working!

2090 Other Employee Reviews for Capgemini (View Most Recent)

Capgemini is a decent place to work, but do your homework first

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

Capgemini is a good place to get a lot of experience doing things you normally wouldn't do with your degree or experience.

Cons

On a lot of projects, you get thrown in doing project work that is not what you really want to do. For example, they place you on a project based on your availability and the project needs at that time. Even if you aren't a good fit.

Visit the project team more frequently. I rarely see our senior management visit the client site. Also, it seems like the only time we hear from our senior management is to remind us of a late timesheet.

Less consulting, more system integration/ pure development work.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

Experience gained quickly on project, client, and through long hours; great co workers; broad clients/ projects. Great way to launch a career, but one has to be very self guided and fight for training, development etc. (There are college hires who have not seen a training course past orientation in two years.)

Cons

Long hours - and getting longer, heavy focus on billable work (120% utilization is nothing special any more and won't get you a decent year end rating), very little going on in terms people development/ training etc. (no conferences, little external training if any at all, most of training budget is spent on ~5 standard courses around software engineering, RUP, engagement management).

Take long term view, develop internal talent vs. hiring outside for senior positions, don't become a commodity.

There are newer employer reviews for Capgemini

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!