Capgemini

There are newer employer reviews for Capgemini

Application Manager

Former Employee - Applications Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Applications Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, flexible schedule, great co-workers.

Cons

As any consulting company CG lay off eployees after contarct with client ends and there no new clients.

2371 Other Employee Reviews for Capgemini (View Most Recent)

Current Consultant in Charlotte, NC

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Big brand name to put on your resume and very diversified. They have excellent facilities if you want to learn something new and grow in your career. They have different teams for specific tasks and the management is helpful too.

Cons

Initially, i thought i was dealing with highly professional people to start with but soon i realized that was not the case. The senior guys in your team will make you work extra hours and won't even appreciate your effort. Most of the people i work with have ego problems and the entire team seems disconnected. They pay more attention towards politics than work. If they see someone is honest and working hard, they try to roll off that person. It's like they form a team within the team. They will time you for everything what time you are coming in to office, how many and how long are your breaks. They will micro manage you basically. They also promised me verbally that i will get my bonus this year but when i didn't hear anything and went to ask HR, they simply said NO on my face. This is a global company and you are competing globally with individuals for appraisals and not to mention you have to wait atleast 18 months before you can move up the ladder. One thing that stands out is that you can't trust a person when they are speaking from their mouth. They can deny the next day if they are in trouble so, if you are thinking to seek employment here please do keep in mind that you get everything written as a proof else you will be in trouble. I forgot to mention that you must be ready to work on peanuts if you are thinking of joining. I am frustrated enough that i am going to seek job opportunities elsewhere.

Management does a good job to a certain level but, when it comes to being fair to their employees, they back off so far that you can't even reach out to them. I advise you to learn on how to keep your employees happy so you could have more than OK and Dissatisfied ratings.

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Capgemini full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At capgemini we get good opportunity to learn new things.

Cons

lower salary than market standards

Salary should be based on individual performance and should not be measured in KPIs.

Capgemini Response

Apr 5, 2013Sr. Recruiter

hi, variable compensation (aka "annual bonus") is measured in KPIs; however salary is determined by factors like consulting level, relative cost of living, project pricing, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Capgemini