There are newer employer reviews for Capgemini

Capgemini is a great place to work but frustrating when it comes to receiving recognition, promotions and adequate pay.

Current Employee - Senior Manager
Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

The vision and innovation encouraged within the organization. They've made some great strategic investments to help them grow. It is a company that fosters teamwork

Cons

Squeaky wheels get the grease. Even though they are global, the BU leadership tends to only think domestically. It's difficult to get promoted and people tend to leave and then get hired back in order to increase their pay. Utilization requirements expected are too high to grow the business.

Advice to Management

Consider investing in the growth of the practices. By running so lean on bench resources, proposals can be shoddy and you don't always have the right people leading, selling and delivering because you're using who's available not the person best suited for the task.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Walk away from the hipe.

Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Capgemini

Pros

A lot of great co-workers to gain knowledge from.

Cons

It is a sweatshop. Employees need 8 more hours added to a 24 hour day and another day added to the 7 day work week to get everything done. Employee capacity is not managed. Some people have too much work while others are walking around "on the beach". I worked at 130% capacity for over 8 months with management's knowledge. When I told management that I was burned out, nothing happened. 1 year later my department was moved to India. We'll see how that works.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees. There are many good employees and you need to appreciate them. Show them you respect them. It is more than just the "values" you put on a website, you have to walk the talk.

Strong People but not always a strong company

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

Feedback Process is fair - you get reviews from your manager on the projects but he does not get to decide your life. New and challenging engagements - there is always a way to find new and challenging engagements and you are able to move among sectors if you want to.

Cons

Promotion process i snot always just - thr wuota system does not let you get what you deserve somtimes. Salary increments once in the company are low - you better negotiate well at the get go. Bonus is poor compared to company performance. Benefits and just enough - a lot pieces are covered but expenses passed on to you as an employee are increasing

Advice to Management

Change hiring processes to be more strict and planned. Understand your market better.