There are newer employer reviews for Capita

Finance Intern

Current Employee - Finance in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Finance in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Big company, many nice people

Cons

not much work for interns

203 Other Employee Reviews for Capita (View Most Recent)

Senior Executive

Current Employee - Senior Executive - Insurance in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Executive - Insurance in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Capita full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Capita focusses not only on customers but also staff.

Cons

Can not think of anything now.

Keep up the good work.

Terrible at every level, except pay

Current Employee - Web Developer in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They did pay well and on time. Overtime was paid time and a half, though it was mandatory and absolutely not needed.

Cons

Everyone was a contract worker, and there was an implicit culture of unhealthy competition between employees: any colleague's success was one's failure. Officially, we had a very horizontal structure. But, in reality, some people were other people's bosses and that was made very clear: the man above me always refused to delegate anything and tried to do his job as well as the job of the three people he was supposed to supervise. He said no to any suggestion, even minor ones that would have clearly improved our product and wouldn't have cost him any time or effort. Any attempt I took to bring it up with our team leader led to the team leader to refer me back to that same person who was ignoring me.

We were encouraged not to help the other teams and to say we were overworked, but we weren't, as there was no delegation and all the junior staff had basically nothing to do. There were many other problems. A coworker was suspicious when I tried to help him: there was no trust at all between colleagues. In the end, they tried to fire me for breaking a piece of software. When I pointed out that I had fixed it, not broken it, they decided to fire me for not caring enough about the project instead. I wasn't very sad to go.

That part of Capita was very, very broken when I worked there. I'm not sure what could be done to fix it.

There are newer employer reviews for Capita