There are newer employer reviews for Capita

Good place to work

Current Employee - Team Manager in Mumbai (India)
Current Employee - Team Manager in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Capita full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- good growth opportunities
- good pay package
- 5 days working i.e. weekends off

Cons

- shifts i.e. 6:30am to 3:15pm & 3:30pm to 12:15am

201 Other Employee Reviews for Capita (View Most Recent)

Terrible at every level, except pay

Current Employee - Web Developer in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They did pay well and on time. Overtime was paid time and a half, though it was mandatory and absolutely not needed.

Cons

Everyone was a contract worker, and there was an implicit culture of unhealthy competition between employees: any colleague's success was one's failure. Officially, we had a very horizontal structure. But, in reality, some people were other people's bosses and that was made very clear: the man above me always refused to delegate anything and tried to do his job as well as the job of the three people he was supposed to supervise. He said no to any suggestion, even minor ones that would have clearly improved our product and wouldn't have cost him any time or effort. Any attempt I took to bring it up with our team leader led to the team leader to refer me back to that same person who was ignoring me.

We were encouraged not to help the other teams and to say we were overworked, but we weren't, as there was no delegation and all the junior staff had basically nothing to do. There were many other problems. A coworker was suspicious when I tried to help him: there was no trust at all between colleagues. In the end, they tried to fire me for breaking a piece of software. When I pointed out that I had fixed it, not broken it, they decided to fire me for not caring enough about the project instead. I wasn't very sad to go.

That part of Capita was very, very broken when I worked there. I'm not sure what could be done to fix it.

Finance Intern

Current Employee - Finance in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Finance in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Big company, many nice people

Cons

not much work for interns

There are newer employer reviews for Capita