Well Managed company policies followed

Former Employee - Complaints Handler for RBS Project in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Capita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good recruitment procedure quick and professionally done

Cons

Loss of Project - Loss RBS project and laid off employees

Advice to Management

Better project management

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Appalling performance management

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita full-time

Pros

Kept buoyant be being part of a group

Cons

Managed like an old boys network, it's entirely how who you know not what you know. There is no real performance management to speak of, it's just a chat every 3 months, the performance managers just do it because they have to, there is no training. Again the promotion process is called the promotion campaign as its about who you know not what you know. It's run mainly by men and therefore a 'lads' culture.
    You will be placed into wholly unsuitable roles from which you were initially employed when/if you do not perform you will be reprimanded, in my experience.
    There is no formal opportunity to give constructive feedback on issues that affect you directly, raising your head above the parapet to speak up is likely to get it chopped off!
    The talent management practice is shocking and leadership egotistical, expect to work every weekend doing the directors admin, you will learn nothing unless you have an existing relationship with a director possibly from another organisation in which you both worked, which is generally how you get on...

Advice to Management

People are leaving and you have constant recruitment campaigns for a reason, deal with the issue at source

2. Horrible experience working for this company!!

I worked at Capita

Pros

In my view none at all, avoid like the plague would be my advice!

Cons

In my case I was transferred to Capita as a result of the IT division of the Food Standards Agency outsourcing to this company. I was transferred on a TUPE agreement, which I believe to be largely the reason why things turned out so badly for me - I think that companies such as Capita are keen enough to agree terms such as taking on existing staff on their present conditions, in order to secure the contract, but will then seek to bully these employees into taking a different position within the company under Capita's own terms of employment.
    Unfortunately, I chose to stay in the position that retained my TUPE conditions despite the bullying tone of the letter urging me to change my job. Following my decision I unfortunately made a genuine mistake whilst undertaking a task that was new to me and in my opinion should have been supervised. My manager chose to classify my error as an act of gross misconduct and I was given ten minutes to clear my desk before being escorted onto the street outside the building.
    It is my opinion and indeed everyone else (except Capita management) that I should have received at most a formal warning, in fact most decent managers would have been more interested in discussing procedure/training etc in order to prevent such mistakes being made in future. I had worked within the Department of Health and FSA since 1990 with no problems until Capita reared its ugly head! Shortly after my dismissal I was informed by colleagues that the manager was openly going around the office gloating, which was regarded as very bad taste and extremely unprofessional, by everyone who witnessed this behaviour.
    I have been informed that as a result of my experience, many of my former colleagues now feel very disgusted at my being treated so unfairly and now feel quite insecure working for Capita.