Capital Access Network

Perception is Reality

Former Employee - Asset Management in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Asset Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Capital Access Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A very relaxed work enviroment and very direct with the job-description and what you actually do.

Cons

Upper-management will never admit that they could be wrong- a friend of mine was fired for "sitting in the break room for three house reading" despite the fact that there was proof given to upper-management showing that he was at his desk. Although my manager did try to fight for him to keep his job ultimately upper-management had the last say.
Training was less than ideal- I started in their new Salt Lake City office, my manager had minimal knowledge as to how to do my job as he came from a different department. The only training I received was via screen share with their Kennesaw office which was based on their schedule so after 3 pm there was nothing I could do. HOWEVER, anytime I did have a question, concern or issue my manager did make it a point to set time aside to help me or locate the resources needed to resolve the issue or issues I had; he was also very supportive and was very willing to sit and work with you if you had and insecurities of your ability to do your job.
The office wasn't very functional when I was hired so to do my job and at some points I was required to use my cell phone and then told after the fact that I would NOT receive compensation towards my phone bill regardless of if I went over my minutes or not.
I was ultimately fired without being told I was fired- I took a day off to have a tooth pulled, came back the next day to find all my stuff from my desk removed-- I couldn't find my boss, so I stepped out side and tried calling him directly and he kept sending me straight to voice mail- he ultimately ended up avoiding me completely and a third party ended up telling me that I was being let go, however I can say it was not due to my missing work for my abscenses related to having my tooth pulled. I was more angry at not being told by the person I trusted most in the company than I was at the fact that I was out of a job.
Advice to Senior Management – Perception is NOT reality-- pay attention to what is right in front of you not what you want to see.
Also- please don't shirk your duties- if you have to fire someone, do it yourself.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Capital Access Network (View Most Recent)

Secretive, siloed, and stubborn.

I worked at Capital Access Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- They hire some really great consultants
    - Fairly flexible on working from home
    - Friendly people in general

Cons

- Many folks are incompetent
    - Management desires change and yet is too stubborn to actually follow through
    - No career growth/path
    - No investment in personnel
    - I've seen so many people fired or quit
    - Management rules with an iron-fist

The senior management feels fake, nice on the outside but not so nice on the inside, at least that's my impression. Some executives needs to do a little introspection and do what's best of the company, quit. The culture of the company needs to change.

Business Analysis

Former Employee - Business Analysis in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analysis in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Capital Access Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Convenient commute close to home, good enviroment, laid back

Cons

bad pay, long hours, cold calling on the phones for eight hours is mundane and exhausting with little closing ratio.

pay higher salaries and higher commission structure to keep employees motivated.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital Access Network