Capital Bank

Good, not great

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Capital Bank

Pros

Small enough company where you can still make some decisions on your own
Good amount of personal/sick time
Usually pretty easy to find someone to help when I don't have an answer/solution

Cons

Starting to get too big too fast - taking away power from employees and not getting our input. There have been several times policies have changed and customers have told me before senior management! In addition, my faith and respect for management has withered since they all got raises last year and we did not! And... they pretended they didn't and that they were struggling along with us... but when I got my annual stock statement I found out the truth. And just this week they broke ground on a new branch and I had to find out from the newspaper! it makes me feel likethey are hiding stuff from me.

Keep associates in the loop about changes. Get more input from associates. Establish a mentoring program. Don't favor people that work in corporate so heavily. Give talented people that are in the branch an opportunity to go to the "back office" if they desire by finding out what our interests are. Take time to talk to the "peons." Follow through on the ideas you present. For example, when you had the "associate development plan" follow through with it! Make management care about how their associates develop.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Capital Bank (View Most Recent)

i hate bank job

Current Employee - Cashier in Nakodar (India)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Nakodar (India)

I have been working at Capital Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

job time is too long

Cons

i hate the branch managers behaviour

plz take care of ur emplys who r fresher

Worst bank I ever worked at and I have worked at several banks over the years.

I worked at Capital Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I can't say ANYTHING good about this bank. I was there for quite a number of years and it went downhill each year.

Cons

The whole experience was bad. When it was TIB, it was great, but then Capital came in and took over. I feel they bit off more than they could chew and forced the employees to pick up the pieces. The benifits are horrible, no raises, bonuses, or incentive pay. The worst are the threats that if you don't make your numbers, you WILL be let go. Also, management talks about the employees behind thier backs. I was so thankful I was able to find employment elsewhere and could leave. I don't bank there anymore and will never ever to into a Capital Bank again.

Stop talking about people behind their backs. If you feel the need to say something, at least be honest and tell them to their face. You know who you are.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital Bank