There are newer employer reviews for Capital Bankcard

Probably better than most if you have experience in this or a related field

Former Employee - Independent Agent
Former Employee - Independent Agent

Pros

The quality of the business itself is high. They treat their customers well by not over-charging them, having hidden fees, or charging termination fees. Than can provide low rates.

Cons

Top management clearly does not really appreciate its new agents. I don't think that I should have to tell them

Advice to Management

Your sales support team is nowhere near as good as you think it is. Be way more honest about the fact that it would be difficult to start someone with no industry experience, no experience in a related field. What you really need is a mentoring program. The sales support team is not in a position to mentor people, but that's what really needed for a completely new agent.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital Bankcard

It's a living - barely - unless residuals kick in

Current Employee - Independent Sales
    Current Employee - Independent Sales

Pros

Your are working for future residuals

Cons

Very low sales commissions upfront.

Advice to Management

Provide more upfront commission incentive for all the cold calling expected.

2. So far, so good.

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Madison, WI

I have been working at Capital Bankcard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am just beginning my career in the merchant services industry and did a LOT of research before choosing a company to associate with. Capital Bankcard has an excellent rating with the BBB and it seems as though it treats it's agents well. I have only closed one deal as of now, but the support has been top notch. Training is pretty good as well. IF (and I mean if) you succeed in this industry and with this company, the money can be good. Residual income is a plus. I work for myself and there is no handholding. You set your own hours and determine your own success.

Cons

Typical cons of other careers where you work as an independent agent: No safety net/benefits.

Advice to Management

I've been here too short of a time period to add much of value here. So far, things have ben good with management...very hands off. Which I prefere.