Capital Group
www.thecapitalgroup.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Great benefits, tough to find advancement opportunities

San Antonio, TX

ProsThe benefits at this company are second-to-none. The health coverage, 15% retirement contribution, and bonus structure (for exempt and exempt-equivalent associates) really are top notch.

ConsIt can be difficult to advance beyond a certain point unless you are one of the "chosen" ones. Also, the pre-sale side caters to the every whim of the sales staff and positions them as the most important people in the building.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better career advancement opportunities for good performers. The company loses too many top performers because the company doesn't adequately develop and advance them.

Awesome Company!

Fund Representative (Current Employee)
    Carmel, IN

I have been working at Capital Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits start on your first day. Great retirement plan where Capital Group contributes 15% of… Cons: If you work and not up walking around talking, surfing the web or wasting time on sametime..you WILL get promoted. There are some promotions that… Advice to Senior Management: Make the team managers and managers more accessable for associates. They are in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

What a great place to work - top-notch, first-class, plain great!

Senior Shareholder Account Representative (Former Employee)
    Norfolk, VA

I worked at Capital Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Positive environment -Awesome benefits -Continuous development -Respect of all employees Cons: -Lack of growth/advancement opportunities -Tuition reimbursement program, but no recognition/opportunities after… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to those that are utilizing your tuition reimbursement program. All too often, associates leave after obtaining their degree due to lack… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Capital Group.

Worked for Capital Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital Group CEO Philip de Toledo. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital Group employees.