There are newer employer reviews for Capital Group

Being a contractor sucks big time at CG.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Irvine, CA
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Irvine, CA

I worked at Capital Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

GSD employees were helpful. Cafe was good.

Cons

Being a contractor assigned to TSD sucks. That group has a negative atmosphere. The managers show favoritism and politics is rampant.. I personally had a bad encounter with a lady associate due to horse play. There is also an employee there who threatened me at work. Luckily, I did not call the Irvine PD. My contracting company did nothing about it.. Every contractor I know hates CG. All I hear is negative. The people who have been there for years are content enough to get the job done. I don't see any real leaders there in TSD group. The 2 associates who are close to the managers are the perpetrators of negativity. Trust me, this is from direct feedback from previous contractors. There is a feeling of being ostracized. There is what I call a "caste" system.

Advice to Management

Stop the bad practice of favoritism or who you know. Treat contractors as equal as associates. A perfect example is Edwards Lifesciences where there is no distinction between associates and contractors.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Overall CG is a good company... However, some business units are better than others

Former Employee - Senior Accountant Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant Analyst in Irvine, CA

I worked at Capital Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great culture where all Associates are treated with respect. -Highly competitive compensation package (bonuses, merit & MRP) -Good work/life balance

Cons

-Highly bureaucratic organization structure -Bureaucratic structure has led to limited or no upward mobility -Key decisions are not made swiftly leading to inefficiency and "analysis paralysis" -Within the Global Institutional Operations (GIO) team, poor portfolio performance led to layoffs and office consolidations -Elimination of 9/80 work schedule in some business units

Advice to Management

CG is a tremendous company with a storied history and strong fair culture. However, the increasing bureaucracy, inefficiency and lack of upward mobility should be cause for management concern as it is adversely impacting employee morale.

Great benefits, great co-workers, tedious work

Current Employee - Shareholder Account Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Shareholder Account Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Capital Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, paid vacation, great work environment, great co-workers

Cons

The work is tedious and you will be answering phones for 8 hours a day.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what the bottom rung associates have to say. It shouldn't all be about "business needs".