Capital Group
www.thecapitalgroup.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Good Pay, Poor Advancement, No Leadership

IT Group (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

ProsPay is good. bonus occurs 2x a year

ConsBonuses are considered part of your "base". The bonuses continue to diminish dramatically year over year (net result is lowered overall pay). Company struggles with direction. Annual reviews are performed in the round, by a gathering of managers you don't come in contact with or have little to due with your assignments and how well you perform them..

Advice to Senior ManagementAssociates should be reviewed based on the work assigned, not on a job description. You can't hold an associate hostage based on a job description that you assign to them rather than the work you give them to do! Mangers best know what is assigned and how the associates performed against the assignment, not a gathering the manager's peers... Use some common sense!

Great Company

GSD Desktop Support (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Capital Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: Value all associates Career advancement opportunities Cons: Old Technology team to communicate efficiently Really hard for company to make… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Unless you are applying to work in investment management - Avoid like the plague

Associate (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

I worked at Capital Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Health benefits.........Great medical, dental and vision....plus they subsidize the costs… Cons: Vacation- You get 3 weeks vacation as a first year associate yet they don't tell you its based on a convoluted wait list system that takes… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Capital Group.

Worked for Capital Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital Group CEO Philip de Toledo. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital Group employees.