Capital Group
www.thecapitalgroup.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Capital Group is a great place to work.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe salary and benefits are generous, and there are some truly wonderful and very smart people who work there. As far as corporate jobs go, you don't get much better than Capital. Getting hired is very tough. I went on an endless series of interviews before finally getting the nod.

ConsThe pay is very good, and along with it comes very high expectations. Once you achieve manager or higher, expectations are commensurate with your salary. On the one hand, you can't blame them - they deserve to get their money's worth, and they do. But the pace can be hard to sustain at times. Upper management actively seeks and develops talent, but only if you're lucky enough to be one of the "chosen". If not, it's hard to change perception once it sets in. Overall, you need to be smart and you need to bring your "A" game everyday. Work life balance can be tough at times.

From Great to Horrible

Investment Group Compliance Analyst (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Capital Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits, nice amenities, good work/life balance in the Investment… Cons: Management here is generally really bad (across most departments). The company culture here used to be great but is declining rapidly. It used to be… Advice to Senior Management: Choose managers carefully with emphasis based on if they can (and want to) actually manage people (not just next in line for a promotion). Poor… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Contractors here are treated very badly

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

I have been working at Capital Group as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Good work/life balance, people don't work any crazy hours here! Cons: From the perspective of a contractor - in many teams contractors are not in the loop in team meetings and are often ostracized. Associates… Advice to Senior Management: Associates that do not have market level skills should be laid off/fired and replaced with the best person for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Capital Group.

Worked for Capital Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital Group CEO Philip de Toledo. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital Group employees.