There are newer employer reviews for Capital Group

Almost cultish and everyone is a cheerleader for the company, but overall a great place to work

I have been working at Capital Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Beautiful campus, lots of perks, good benefits

Cons

overly structured and not as efficient in my work as I'd like to be

362 Other Employee Reviews for Capital Group (View Most Recent)

Glorified call center job with no room to advance. Glad to be out of there!!

Former Employee - Senior Shareholder Services Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Shareholder Services Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Capital Group full-time

Pros

Benefits very good, but they have to be or they would not be able to retain employees. Pay was average. You are given the proper materials and tools to perform your job. Office setting was nice and always clean. Underground parking was nice for the summer months.

Cons

Massive amounts of micro-managing in this position. It gradually got worse over the years to the point of frustrating the majority of the employees. The company appears to be focusing more on the bottom line than their employees. Very stats driven and phone time is the majority of your day. Little room for advancement (espcially in the AZ office). VERY stuffy in the office. Not a lot of people smiling. Most leave their sense of humor at home or don't have one at all. Still unable to figure out exactly what senior management did all day at the office. Same goes for team managers. The ONE major responsibility for them was to write the employees reviews each year. In addition, team managers frown on taking supervisor calls and will normally pass it off to an associate on their team to handle it. Most team managers were hired with little to no experience in the mutual fund industry. It really shows. Even after years on the job they have no clue what we are talking about.

To the head honchos in LA: Senior managers in your call centers are a waste of money for the company. You need to look at them more closely and figure out just what exactly it is that they do. I would also suggest you do the same with Team managers. Lots of internet surfing= lots of lost profit for the company. They are on the internet doing personal stuff a good poriton of the day. Open up your eyes!!!! Also, the employees in call centers may be low on the pay scale, but they are still human beings and not just a "stat". Ease up on focusing so much on the stats. It makes your employees unhappy. However, I want to thank you for making me realize what I don't want to do for the rest of my life. I am much happier now! Thanks again!

Capital Group is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Capital Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The salary and benefits are generous, and there are some truly wonderful and very smart people who work there. As far as corporate jobs go, you don't get much better than Capital. Getting hired is very tough. I went on an endless series of interviews before finally getting the nod.

Cons

The pay is very good, and along with it comes very high expectations. Once you achieve manager or higher, expectations are commensurate with your salary. On the one hand, you can't blame them - they deserve to get their money's worth, and they do. But the pace can be hard to sustain at times. Upper management actively seeks and develops talent, but only if you're lucky enough to be one of the "chosen". If not, it's hard to change perception once it sets in. Overall, you need to be smart and you need to bring your "A" game everyday. Work life balance can be tough at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital Group