Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital IQ reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital IQ CEO Lou Eccleston. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital IQ employees.
I worked at Capital IQ full-time for more than a year
Pros – - At the beginning you learn a lot about financial statements
- They tried to give you some benefits, like gym membership, office parties once in a while, etc.
- Good wages and bonuses for the local economy.
Cons – - Secretive way of doing stuff, paranoid behavior in regards to use of computers.
- They expect you to be a cog in the machine. All ideas need to come from above, from some Ivy League kid in the US. Consequently, if you work like a monkey you will advance, even if your qualifications are not the best.
- Class membership seems to be important (but I suppose this is the same in every transnational corporation).
- It gets quickly boring and repetitive. A robot could do it, and in fact you start imagining apps that could do the job. Is not like they´re going to implement it anyway. Time to start surfing the Net!
Advice to Senior Management – Meritocracy. Learn from companies like Google. If somebody has an idea, at least think about it. You are going to try to implement it anyway three years later when there is no way out. Some people are not good as cog machines, and that is why they leave.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
2013-03-02 07:37 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.