Capital One

www.capitalone.com
  www.capitalone.com
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Mostly a positive experience.

Current Employee - Banker in Lafayette, LA
Current Employee - Banker in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Capital One

Pros

Generous paid time off, Incentives can be good when things are busy, a decent work culture, and a genuine desire to encourage career path. Overall, not a bad a place to work. Love the people!

Cons

It is common for premature rollout of new technology or software changes before the systems are tested and proven. This is particularly troublesome when it pertains to incentive point tracking. There is a constant change in the tracking system for no particular reason. At times, it appears they are making it harder to track incentive points. An additional negative is the load of paperwork required to maintain while expected to primarily focus on sales.

Branch level management really have no clue as to what is coming down the pike. The communication from upper level management to branch level is aweful. Also, make sure systems are fool-proof before you roll them out.

1645 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Great environment, smart people

Current Employee - IT Contractor - Data Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - IT Contractor - Data Analyst in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One

Pros

West creek is a great campus, with forward thinking people

Cons

employees have been there forever

I was dissatisfied with my overall experience with Capital One.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Capital One

Pros

Capital One has really good benefits and excellent work life balance. The holidays are a plus because you receive time off for just about all federal holidays, President's Day, Columbus Day, etc., including the national holidays. The yearly bonus is great plus.

Cons

The performance evaluation process is not entirely fair. It's highly subjective and promotions are few and far between. Compensation is not below average in the industry (low base pay), however a bonus is given yearly but not guaranteed and it's solely based on your performance evaluation. Re-orgs are constant and at times you could have 2-3 managers in one year, which I think hinders career growth.

I think management should do a better job of defining goals and objectives. Also, management should clearly explain what is expected in order to advance within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One