Capital One

www.capitalone.com

Pros and cons

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  McLean, VA
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in McLean, VA

Pros

Good work life balance, a management that strives to be fair and works hard to "develop" their people.
Office politics are few and far between. The company values diversity

Cons

The culture is very "results oriented", which in most cases transforms to pure luck, particularly if you are an analyst, senior analyst, manager or senior manager and can't chose your projects, resources or departments.

Improve pay.
Stop talking so much about development and feedback when a large function of what you hear back is a function of luck - market conditions and the projects you get put on.

Other reviews for Capital One

High salaries aren't worth your life

Former Employee - Director  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Director in Richmond, VA

Pros

High salaries, low cost of living in Richmond make for a nice combo.

Cons

Highly political. Promotions based more on favorites and compliance to a corporate model of success than talent. Troubled industry, limited growth.

Don't buy more banks with bad mortgages!

Good, but not the best.

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Richmond, VA

Pros

It was the only offer that I got right after college. That's the best reason for me. Another good reason is they only care about your ability to get the work done. Working hours are very flexible. I like this a lot because I am not an early person. The work environment is great. Everyone is so friendly. There is no competition or politics. There is only cooperation.

Cons

Salary is relatively low compares to other finance positions. But in a job market like this. I should feel lucky to find a job at all. Also potential career advancement within the company seems to be very limited.

Raise my salary? I can imagine everyone in this company is looking for openings at other companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!