There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Capital One - I enjoy getting up and coming into work each day!

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capital One

Pros

I am very satisfied with the benefits of the company - matching 401K, discounted stock purchase, and more vacation and personal days than I have ever been able to take in one year!
Management also encourages working remotely, another perk.
I am also very satisfied with the salary AND bonus structure.
The other associates are very helpful, friendly and great to work with.
Capital One has plenty of growth opportunities within the organization. It's up to you where you want to take your career! Although I have held the same position for several years now, I feel confident that I could find another position within the company.

Cons

There really aren't any downsides to working at Capital One.

Advice to Management

Don't micro manage!

reviews filtered by
  1. Capital One is a great place to work

Current Employee - Business Analysis Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analysis Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One

Pros

Great People to work with. Fast culture with a focus on results.

Cons

Growth is relatively steady. So promotions are harder to come by than the past. Market pressures also exist that might affect company and strategy

Advice to Management

More insight on bank integration with credit cards.

2. Capital One is a great place to work for people that love what they do!

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in West McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in West McLean, VA

I have been working at Capital One

Pros

If you are a Finance professional, Capital One offers a chance to work on really exciting and cutting edge projects, enabling quite a bit of professional growth. This is a great place to work for someone who is passionate about what they do and wants to make a difference. COF's benefits are also another great reason to work here. COF offers 3-4 weeks of vacation, depending upon tenure (5 yrs is 4 weeks) and offers the ability to purchase an extra week. COF offers Domestic Partner benefits, 401k matchings, Health & Dependent Care savings accounts (w/ matching). COF offers a free health clinic in it's building for associates and their families, too.

Cons

This is not a company where one can rest on his laurels. The bonus and merit increases are based on performance rating, and performance ratings are determined in a bell-curve distribution. It's possible to work really hard, but not get an "Exceptional" rating because others have produced even greater results. Also, "influencing" is a highly-valued skill-set here, so one must constantly network and build consensus in order to push their ideas. This is great for someone that has the natural ability, but if not, then it takes a lot of work to get good at this. And it's important to get good at this because COF pays for performance. Lastly, career advancement in the form of promotions has slowed down at COF, so make sure that you're happy at the level you come in at as you cannot bank on getting promoted within the first year or two.

Advice to Management

Senior Management has done a great job in the past of painting an inspirational picture of the company's Vision. It's not clear to me what our current Vision is, other than we have to get good at being a Bank. I would like to receive more "inspirational" leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One