Capital One

www.capitalone.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Capital One - I enjoy getting up and coming into work each day!

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capital One

Pros

I am very satisfied with the benefits of the company - matching 401K, discounted stock purchase, and more vacation and personal days than I have ever been able to take in one year!
Management also encourages working remotely, another perk.
I am also very satisfied with the salary AND bonus structure.
The other associates are very helpful, friendly and great to work with.
Capital One has plenty of growth opportunities within the organization. It's up to you where you want to take your career! Although I have held the same position for several years now, I feel confident that I could find another position within the company.

Cons

There really aren't any downsides to working at Capital One.

Don't micro manage!

1759 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Capital One is losing steam

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Capital One

Pros

You can get the training you need and take this elsewhere. Capital One overall is a huge company with many employees. My manager was very supportive and was a great manager in handling all aspects of my performance. We sat down weekly to discuss issues, concerns, new projects and all other things that my job encompassed. I fully enjoyed my job and was happy and content with it. Capital One does offer decent training programs for its employees and you can be rest assurred that if training is needed they will find a way for you to get it. Thanks.

Cons

The review process. You can be a top performer but since they base their decisions not on how you are doing, but how your are compared with others. Say you have 5 great people and they are all doing a great job, the Capital One system forces you to make one of them the worst of the 5 and have them put on a performance plan. It is a idiotic system. Of course C1 brainwashes you to believe that doing this makes the company perform better. to an extent this may be true, but I believe it causes more hardship and grief every year, when people are pitted against each other for their raise and job.

Get a better performance evaluation process. Listen to your managers and front-line staff for issues and problems. They provide valuable feedback and have some great ideas.

A great place to work if it doesn't bother you that you job could be eliminated any day.

Former Employee - Director in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Director in Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One

Pros

An ever changing environment that constantly provides interaction with very bright and capable people.

Cons

They don't care who they get rid of when times get tough. Some of the people they have let go have made huge contributions to the company while some of the ones that are kept can hardly find their way to the office.

You need to clean house at the EVP and SVP level - not the VPs and below. The people who make the business plans are responsible for their failure, not the people who are sent out to execute them.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One