Capital One
3.4 of 5 1,235 reviews
www.capitalone.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Both sides of the spectrum

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay (not great)
Great work/life balance
Great technology
Great flexibility (work from home option)

ConsI have noticed that most of the leadership started as colleg hires or are from India (brought over by friends) and have only worked at COF. This makes it very difficult for them to understand how things are done outside of Capital One in the U.S. I believe this is a definitive weakness, as diversity is not only ethnicity, but based on work experiences as well...

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on talented individuals both inside and outside your organization. Also, focus on the talent within the United States of America. COF has a large population of leaders that are not from the U.S.

Great work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One full-time

Pros: Cap One is located in Richmond, which is affordable and extremely family friendly. One of the best jobs in the city. Work-life balance… Cons: Cap One is famous for its junk mail - thus, many hours are spent creating work that many people may just throw in the trash… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up - don't let the recession cut out what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Love my Career

Fraud Supervisor (Current Employee)
Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits are awesome! Great People Colorful Atmosphere Cons: Lack of empathy for employee personal situations Advice to Senior Management: Be more attentive to associates Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital One CEO Richard D. Fairbank. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees.