Capital One

www.capitalone.com

It's high school all over again.

Principal Associate (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsPeople are great, salary & benefits good. Telecommute/flex time a big plus. Great campus, lots of freedom.

ConsPerformance Management is a disgrace. Promotions based on popularity and how good your manager is at presenting you in discussions. Decisions already made in advance of "360 feedback".

Very political. Pretty young college girls do well and move up, but veterans suffer. Lots of cliques.I did upper-level work for 3 years and never got the offical promotion (or pay).

Much talk about "open culture" and diversity of thought -- but be vocally opposed to something and you're banished from the kingdom.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play with your people. Get rid of the politics. You have so many talented, smart people there -- stop screwing with them. Oh, and watchdog your ethics too.

Very satisfied with the employer

Principal Project Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros: Growing company Great company culture Family oriented Competent Leadership Cons: Still a growing company and is facing competition from the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company with incredible Values - Do the right thing & Excellence

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Company has great Values and holds folks accountable to live by them Company… Cons: A bit of a Class system... Business Analyst are put on a pedestal and everyone else is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!