Capital One
3.4 of 5 1,232 reviews
www.capitalone.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Great work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One full-time

ProsCap One is located in Richmond, which is affordable and extremely family friendly. One of the best jobs in the city. Work-life balance (flex hours, vacation) is valued very much, which I loved. Decent salary, with room for promotional bonuses/yearly bonus and salary raises. Terrific employee training.

ConsCap One is famous for its junk mail - thus, many hours are spent creating work that many people may just throw in the trash = not inspiring. Processes are often drawn out (it may take 3-6 months to create such a letter). Day to day work can make you feel like cog in machine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up - don't let the recession cut out what you did so great five years ago.

Love my Career

Fraud Supervisor (Current Employee)
Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits are awesome! Great People Colorful Atmosphere Cons: Lack of empathy for employee personal situations Advice to Senior Management: Be more attentive to associates Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best Company I have worked so far

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Very talented and smart people People are friendy Cutting edge technology Mature processes… Cons: While people are very smart they can be arrogant Off-shoring has… Advice to Senior Management: Most managers know what they are doing, some rely on being fed by team… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital One CEO Richard D. Fairbank. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees.