Capital One
3.4 of 5 1,232 reviews
www.capitalone.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Experience at Capital One can be valuable, but highly dependent on your background

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are some very talented people to work with, and great skills to learn

Good company values, although the competency model needs reviewing.

ConsGood ol' boy network. Lack of diversity at Capital One is very apparent. And as rightfully pointed out by another reviewer, diversity goes beyond ethnicity.

Most people working here are smart, but not "elite".

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people based on their qualifications, not on whether they share the same football team, geographic and/or ethnic background as you.

Has gotten too bureaucratic and too collaborative in recent years

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great work environment and perks. Good benefits and pay. Genuinely "nice" company culture. Decisions… Cons: The culture has swung toward being too collaborative and committees and group meetings are way overused now. When I started, you could come up with… Advice to Senior Management: Streamline, streamline, streamline. Deputize more people (even just the mid-level… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sr. Principal Associate

Senior Principal Associate (Current Employee)
Mettawa, IL

I have been working at Capital One full-time for less than a year

Pros: Capital One is a great company with great benefits, extremely diverse and offers flexible work schedules. … Cons: I really can not think of any. Advice to Senior Management: Once again nothing negative, I guess I would say to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital One CEO Richard D. Fairbank. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees.