There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Working at Capital One has been rewarding, flexible & free-spirited..

Current Employee - Principal Associate  in  Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Principal Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for less than a year

Pros

My manager and team has allowed me to work autonomously while continuing to foster a collaborative work environment. The worklife balance at this company is amazing - working from home is more of a norm than any other employer I've worked for. There are 2 values at Capital One - Excellence & Do the Right Thing. It's doesn't get much better than that, wouldn't you say?!

Cons

So far, I haven't experienced many cons with working at Capital One. So far, things have been extremely accommodating for me. Maybe I can report back on this later during my 1 year anniversary :)

Continue to reward & recognize your team members for their efforts & results throughout the year.

1526 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Too much work, not enough pay, and little opportunity to advance

Current Employee - Senior Coordinator  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Coordinator in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice facilities, good people overall, benefits from day 1, and the vacation time is better than most.

Cons

Salary is very low considering the amount of work required. Work/life balance is often talked out, but nearly impossible to put into practice. Bonuses and promotions are awarded based on being a favorite of leadership rather than education, experience, or performance. The most vocal get rewarded regardless of actual performance.

Leadership should pay more attention to performance and make more of an effort to be fair and unbiased.

Customer Service Associate II, Work-at-Home

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One part-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part of the job was working from home and not having to commute on a daily basis.

Cons

The plethora of information conveyed during training is very overwhelming. The training format is convoluted. Expectation to retain knowledge in a limited period is illogical. Use of a strict "informational/conversational" flowchart to provide technical assistance to customers defeats the company's objective to impress customers that services provided are unscripted.

Streamline the training program to ensure that presentation methods and material are consistent with the actual work tasks. Deviations should be allowed during client servicing as long as complete information is given.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!