www.capitalone.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Former Employee - Business Analyst in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Business Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at Capital One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, Lots of opportunities for those who seek it, Location had good benefits like gym, nurses office; Smart group of people

Cons

Career path can depend on what group you're in, too much focus on profitability per user instead of maximizing value of user.

Promotion to manager must include training to be a people manager. That or create a separate path for people managers and excellent analysts.

1767 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

teller

Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY

I worked at Capital One part-time (less than a year)

Pros

- I met some great co workers as my fellow tellers
    - When the crisis of Hurricane Sandy came to New York, employees had received extra pay for traveling
    - new experiences with customers.. getting to know them and learning alot about them

Cons

- Some managers didn't know how to be managers, very immature.. took management to a whole arrogant level
    - I felt like i was in high school with all the "grown adults" who took most of their time to gossip about everyone
    - no opportunities
    - make you do abundance of work for a little amount of pay
    - never had a life always was at work

Managers need to learn how to show a better example for their employees. They also need to understand not to take things personal and act like a manager or lead teller instead of being immature and ignorant. Also for lead tellers they need not to be micro managers. Human Resources should also listen to employees if they are getting the same complaints over and over about the same manager.

Working at Capital One has been rewarding, flexible & free-spirited..

Current Employee - Principal Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My manager and team has allowed me to work autonomously while continuing to foster a collaborative work environment. The worklife balance at this company is amazing - working from home is more of a norm than any other employer I've worked for. There are 2 values at Capital One - Excellence & Do the Right Thing. It's doesn't get much better than that, wouldn't you say?!

Cons

So far, I haven't experienced many cons with working at Capital One. So far, things have been extremely accommodating for me. Maybe I can report back on this later during my 1 year anniversary :)

Continue to reward & recognize your team members for their efforts & results throughout the year.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One