Capital One

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

teller

Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY
Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY

I worked at Capital One part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- I met some great co workers as my fellow tellers
- When the crisis of Hurricane Sandy came to New York, employees had received extra pay for traveling
- new experiences with customers.. getting to know them and learning alot about them

Cons

- Some managers didn't know how to be managers, very immature.. took management to a whole arrogant level
- I felt like i was in high school with all the "grown adults" who took most of their time to gossip about everyone
- no opportunities
- make you do abundance of work for a little amount of pay
- never had a life always was at work

Managers need to learn how to show a better example for their employees. They also need to understand not to take things personal and act like a manager or lead teller instead of being immature and ignorant. Also for lead tellers they need not to be micro managers. Human Resources should also listen to employees if they are getting the same complaints over and over about the same manager.

1616 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Working at Capital One has been rewarding, flexible & free-spirited..

Current Employee - Principal Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My manager and team has allowed me to work autonomously while continuing to foster a collaborative work environment. The worklife balance at this company is amazing - working from home is more of a norm than any other employer I've worked for. There are 2 values at Capital One - Excellence & Do the Right Thing. It's doesn't get much better than that, wouldn't you say?!

Cons

So far, I haven't experienced many cons with working at Capital One. So far, things have been extremely accommodating for me. Maybe I can report back on this later during my 1 year anniversary :)

Continue to reward & recognize your team members for their efforts & results throughout the year.

Customer Service Associate II, Work-at-Home

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best part of the job was working from home and not having to commute on a daily basis.

Cons

The plethora of information conveyed during training is very overwhelming. The training format is convoluted. Expectation to retain knowledge in a limited period is illogical. Use of a strict "informational/conversational" flowchart to provide technical assistance to customers defeats the company's objective to impress customers that services provided are unscripted.

Streamline the training program to ensure that presentation methods and material are consistent with the actual work tasks. Deviations should be allowed during client servicing as long as complete information is given.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One