Capital One

www.capitalone.com
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Perfect Job

I worked at Capital One

Pros

Benifits are amazing. oppurtunity to grow and learn.

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

1645 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Mismanaged

Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced, challenging work environment with intelligent coworkers. Flexible schedules; pay and benefits are slightly above average.

Cons

Rapid change can be an interesting challenge but when change seems to occur every second of the day, it creates massive inefficiencies and frustrations at work. Work has become even more bureaucratic over the years and there are way too many cooks in the kitchen, trying to take ownership of everything. Capital One is a meeting culture, again, leading to many hours each day that are completely wasted. The collaborative environment is only good if you are an extreme extrovert, otherwise this is not the place for you as you will find yourself on the road with coworkers for hours on end, commuting from Richmond to Mclean, to the airport, business trips, etc all together.
    At the very top, Capital One is mismanaged. It can take several months or longer to roll out a new process while employees struggle to follow whatever the 'current' process may be on any given day. I have worked in the headquarters for 2 years now and have only seen execs roaming the halls a handful of times. You never hear direction come from the horses mouth, instead it comes from 5 levels below senior management at which point the message has more than likely become misconstrued and miscommunicated.

Many wasted hours are spent on performance management which, as in most places, is a joke and unfortunately comes down to who you know/ who likes you. The "diverse" and "open" culture that Capital One raves about on daily basis don't seem to apply to the average person. Joe Schmo will never fit in at Capital One. You must come to work each day with a crazy frat boy-like story in order to fit in with the culture here. Good luck to those who don't!

Time to clean house.

Not for me

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Capital One full-time

Pros

short commute from home, some of my co-workers, benefits start day one, free banking, a lot of overtime opportunities, free hot cocoa-tea-coffee, cafeteria on site

Cons

starting salary is really really low for a Sr. CSR ($27,500), building is subpar compared to other call centers, management doesn't help out by getting on the phones when it gets real busy, Adherence expectations are ridiculous (ie: lunch is scheduled for 12pm and you get stuck on a call until 12:15, your 30 minute lunch is cut down to 15 minutes otherwise you're out of compliance and you won't make your much needed bonus), they boast about addt'l training but there is no time scheduled off the phones for you to complete them.

Make training longer than 4 weeks. Stop pacifying us with snacks, put that money towards our paychecks.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One