Capital One NA Houston Texas

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Capital One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cultural diversity, good work life balance

Cons

No complaints - a good fit.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

Capital One 360 in Wilmington, DE is not what they like to pretend it to be!

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Managers that remain from ING Direct -What little bit of culture remains from before Capital One came in -Workspace is nice -Free parking (for now, but I hear this will change soon)

Cons

Capital One has taken what was a really great company with an even greater culture and, in one year, have completely ruined it. I'm all for change and was looking forward to Capital One coming in and making an already great company even greater. Instead, it has become an environment where everyone is out for themselves and the general concensus is to always cover your own a$$, usually by throwing someone else under the bus. It's political and full of cliques and if you're not willing to play the games, you are tortured until it is not worth staying anymore. I was with ING Direct for many years and would never have left if it wasn't for the change in culture and the desire of my manager to get ahead at the cost of her team. Where I used to be proud to tell people where I worked, I became ashamed and would NEVER suggest that anyone leave a good company to come and work at Capital One 360. Its a shame, but they are very quickly losing good people. Now other companies are benefiting from their mistakes! Do NOT do business with this company or go to work there. I assure you, you will not be happy. Cons: - benefit costs are very high - cut-throat environment - CYA culture - very, very political with a lot of red tape - very meeting focused (meetings for the sake of meeting) - if you are not a drinker, this is not the company for you; drinking is encouraged at MOST events

Advice to Management

Upper Management really needs to focus on culture once again. What was great about this company before Capital One came in was that people worked together instead of against each other. You are losing a lot of quality employees and the bleeding isn't going to stop any time soon.

Great company for people who want to work way more than 40h a week.

Current Employee - Manager in Mc Lean, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Mc Lean, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a very fast pace environment, energetic, young. Many opportunities for learning and advancement. Great benefits. Some jobs fairly flexible.

Cons

For many positions they will squeeze everything out of you. Workload is always at 150%. The company is growing, which is great, but acquisitions create extra work on top of all the assigned projects. Flexibility causes that you "can" work from home which means that when you get home you should open your computer and continue. Very aggressive environment, abusive at times. Promotions/bonus process very aggressive and not always fair.