Capital One
3.4 of 5 1,234 reviews
www.capitalone.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

A great two years out of college

Senior Operations Analyst (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is a great place to start working out of college. There are a lot of young people around to meet and network with, everyone I've worked with has been collegial and willing to help me learn. New analysts get to work on real business problems right away and can get heard right away if they prove themselves. There is also a real emphasis on work/life balance and senior management seems to really mean it. Nice benefits package too.

ConsCapital One has hired a lot of very smart people, which sometimes means that things are way more complicated than they should be. Recent acquisitions means that some parts of the company feel more disjointed than others. There is constant turnover as people rotate around to different teams- good if you like change but it sometimes can be overwhelming plus you lose institutional knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care to preserve the Capital One culture.

A good place to work at

Manager (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I've been at Capital One for over 3 years now and have enjoyed working here. It's a pretty… Cons: One of the best things about capital one has always been the bottom up innovation in the strategy setting and product development. However, the recent… Advice to Senior Management: Have more transparency on the agenda setting and also give the analysts more freedom to innovate. Get rid of the antiquated… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Company

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Challenging work environment, Results focused environment, Meaningful work Cons: Demanding, Work life balance, constantly changing org structure Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital One CEO Richard D. Fairbank. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees.