Capital One

www.capitalone.com

Dedicated to people development

Senior Business Manager (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsCapital One has an incredible dedication to your personal and career development. Senior leadership spends significant time coaching, mentoring, etc. They are very supportive of rotations to various parts of the company to continue to learn new areas and skills even at the expense of efficiency at times.

ConsThe culture and type of work has shifted over time as the bank has grown. The company used to always be about growth/innovation and had retained part of its start up culture roots for a long time. More recently the focus has shifted to mostly regulatory/compliance and well managed work and the culture has gotten a bit stuffier. That being said its still an amazing place to work and to launch a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to hold on to the aspects that made the company fun in the past to maintain associate morale and attract the right type of enthusiastic and passionate employees. Just because we're in the highly regulated banking industry doesn't mean we need to lose all the good talent to google, Facebook, etc.

Unofficial Hiring Freeze in Richmond

BSA (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Onsite gym, the ability to work from home, great co-workers Cons: Super political environment, nepotism, and poor leadership in the mid levels. Managers will use assorted data to hide behind making any true managerial decisions.… Advice to Senior Management: Politics and popularity trump results. Listen to your associate surveys… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Male Dominated Organization in the Bank

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Competitive Pay and great employee benefits and programs. Cons: This is a very political organization that has not been able to retain top talent in the last few years. Their turn over rate… Advice to Senior Management: Take a look at the turn over numbers in your commercial banking organization and realize there is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!