Capital One

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Dedicated to people development

Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Capital One has an incredible dedication to your personal and career development. Senior leadership spends significant time coaching, mentoring, etc. They are very supportive of rotations to various parts of the company to continue to learn new areas and skills even at the expense of efficiency at times.

Cons

The culture and type of work has shifted over time as the bank has grown. The company used to always be about growth/innovation and had retained part of its start up culture roots for a long time. More recently the focus has shifted to mostly regulatory/compliance and well managed work and the culture has gotten a bit stuffier. That being said its still an amazing place to work and to launch a career.

Try to hold on to the aspects that made the company fun in the past to maintain associate morale and attract the right type of enthusiastic and passionate employees. Just because we're in the highly regulated banking industry doesn't mean we need to lose all the good talent to google, Facebook, etc.

1755 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Not the greatest products for customers and about the same quality benefits for the employees.

Current Employee - Risk Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Risk Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Capital One part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The part time job opportunities at Capital One were great for someone who already has another job or is attending school. Managers could be very flexible with scheduling for both full time and part time employees.

Cons

The bonus structure was changed frequently. Also the managers for my particular team constantly changed during the year which affected their understanding of the job role.

Project Coordinator

I worked at Capital One full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good People to work with. I made lots of Good Friends. Nice vacation time and time easy to get time off.

Cons

Hard to get to the Associate Level. Who you know definitely plays into who gets promoted. Good if you are in with the right people.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One