There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Good benefits, terrible management

I have been working at Capital One full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are hard to be beat! 401K match, FSA contribution, and PTO rather than vacation/sick time. The values are good, but they are not put in place my management so what is the point in having them?

Cons

Management is unprofessional and extremely difficult to work with. I'm sure that's not the case in every dept but it has definitely made me consider going elsewhere. It's almost impossible to be promoted too - even for top performers. Appears to be the only way to move us is to quit and be rehired. Bad business practice.

Pay a little more attention to your survey results. We aren't joking when we say we're treated like we don't matter and are told we are all replaceable.

1552 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Great company and culture

Current Employee - Director in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexi timings, performance oriented culture

Cons

lack of space to sit

Great mgmt

A large thorny, bramble of a corporation with some sweet berries to be picked, if one is careful.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

A generally liberal culture for such a large corporate structure in the financial industry. Depending on how well you can climb the corporate ladder, large increases to your compensation can happen quickly and frequently.

Cons

Your job is never safe unless you are a Statistician. Layoffs can happen at anytime and for the most random of reasons or excuses. There tends to be a desire to weed out old-timers.

Please provide business ESL and culture classes to all imported labor. They might speak English, but the lack of context concerning American English and culture creates large barriers to productivity.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One