Good benefits, terrible management

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are hard to be beat! 401K match, FSA contribution, and PTO rather than vacation/sick time. The values are good, but they are not put in place my management so what is the point in having them?

Cons

Management is unprofessional and extremely difficult to work with. I'm sure that's not the case in every dept but it has definitely made me consider going elsewhere. It's almost impossible to be promoted too - even for top performers. Appears to be the only way to move us is to quit and be rehired. Bad business practice.

Advice to Management

Pay a little more attention to your survey results. We aren't joking when we say we're treated like we don't matter and are told we are all replaceable.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good company

Former Employee - Analyst in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility when it comes to work/life balance. Great benefits. Great work atmosphere.

Cons

Lots of favoritism when it come to promotions. Friends of managers have more opportunity to move into leadership positions vs. many hard workers. The pay is also... interesting. Many tenured workers who have been employed for 12+ years are still making 50k or less.

Advice to Management

Promote based on hard work and pay your tenured associates salaries that align with the market.

2. A Decent and still growing company

Current Contractor - Quality Assurance Analyst in Wilmington, DE
    Current Contractor - Quality Assurance Analyst in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Capital One as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Big Company - multiple career paths. Capital One has recently emerged as a Giant in the mortgage lending industry. There will be opportunities to grow within this segment of their business.

Cons

Big Company - does not pay on the higher end of the scale. The average mortgage underwriter with an average of 5 years of experience would make more money at other mortgage lenders.