Capital One

www.capitalone.com

Good benefits, terrible management

ProsBenefits are hard to be beat! 401K match, FSA contribution, and PTO rather than vacation/sick time. The values are good, but they are not put in place my management so what is the point in having them?

ConsManagement is unprofessional and extremely difficult to work with. I'm sure that's not the case in every dept but it has definitely made me consider going elsewhere. It's almost impossible to be promoted too - even for top performers. Appears to be the only way to move us is to quit and be rehired. Bad business practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a little more attention to your survey results. We aren't joking when we say we're treated like we don't matter and are told we are all replaceable.

Not what they claim to be

Senior Service Coor (Former Employee)

I worked at Capital One full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Small increase in salary when they bought out the old… Cons: Very corporate....claimed that they would not be making major changes but that lasted only a few month. Have their own way of doing things and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sink or Swim approach to new employees -- they are happy to see you sink

I have been working at Capital One

Pros: Work-life balance is pretty good, but I found that I worked… Cons: They do not do a good job of setting expectations for new employees who did not start working there fresh out of college, nor… Advice to Senior Management: You do a great job developing college hires -- do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!