There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Good benefits, terrible management

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are hard to be beat! 401K match, FSA contribution, and PTO rather than vacation/sick time. The values are good, but they are not put in place my management so what is the point in having them?

Cons

Management is unprofessional and extremely difficult to work with. I'm sure that's not the case in every dept but it has definitely made me consider going elsewhere. It's almost impossible to be promoted too - even for top performers. Appears to be the only way to move us is to quit and be rehired. Bad business practice.

Pay a little more attention to your survey results. We aren't joking when we say we're treated like we don't matter and are told we are all replaceable.

1486 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Well managed organization

Former Employee - Accounting Manager  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Capital One is very good at the things they are good at. Tremendous leadership.

Cons

They do struggle when they are involved in lines of business where they aren't familiar. They get great people in the decision making roles for those areas, but they struggle with integrating them into the larger strategy.

A large thorny, bramble of a corporation with some sweet berries to be picked, if one is careful.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

A generally liberal culture for such a large corporate structure in the financial industry. Depending on how well you can climb the corporate ladder, large increases to your compensation can happen quickly and frequently.

Cons

Your job is never safe unless you are a Statistician. Layoffs can happen at anytime and for the most random of reasons or excuses. There tends to be a desire to weed out old-timers.

Please provide business ESL and culture classes to all imported labor. They might speak English, but the lack of context concerning American English and culture creates large barriers to productivity.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!