Challenging work, opportunities galore but still navigating through several org changes recently.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  McLean, VA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart people, work life balance, empowerment of associates, trainings, easy movement across multiple lobs or job family

Cons

too much consensus building or socialization, becoming more like big retail bank and losing the analytical mindset which was its powerhouse to be successful

Provide autonomy and appropriate resources to middle level management.. Prioritize things across the board consistently

Other Reviews for Capital One

Awesome company that lives its values

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great company, smart people, beautiful work environment, they really take care of employees, collaborative, fun...I actually like to go to work! Love that I get to be very independent and that my work is appreciated.

Cons

The pay is just okay. The performance review process is weird and pits associates against each other by calibrating (comparing) associates at same level/job function. In theory this would be okay, but they expect it's hard to compare when roles within a function can vary so widely.

Always true back to the values; you've created a magical company and need to make sure you don't lose what you've created.

Instructional Designer

Former Employee - Instructional Designer  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great smart and hard working people.

Cons

Too much work, unrealistic expectations, slam-dunk approach, over work FTEs.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!