Capital One
3.4 of 5 1,234 reviews
www.capitalone.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Awesome company that lives its values

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

ProsA great company, smart people, beautiful work environment, they really take care of employees, collaborative, fun...I actually like to go to work! Love that I get to be very independent and that my work is appreciated.

ConsThe pay is just okay. The performance review process is weird and pits associates against each other by calibrating (comparing) associates at same level/job function. In theory this would be okay, but they expect it's hard to compare when roles within a function can vary so widely.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways true back to the values; you've created a magical company and need to make sure you don't lose what you've created.

Senior Business Analyst

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)
McLean, VA

I worked at Capital One full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great work life balance, smart people, pretty casual and fun… Cons: It's getting too big to the point where it is difficult to grow and develop new skills. Everybody tends to think the same way so… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good until the end.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Capital One

Pros: Great benefits, good corporate culture, team atmosphere. Cons: Lack of managerial expertise by middle management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital One CEO Richard D. Fairbank. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees.