Capital One
3.4 of 5 1,355 reviews
www.capitalone.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Should be good when they grow up and figure out what they want to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOrganization is young as an operating bank therefore they are not married to any process or procedure. Change quickly to meet needs and/or demands. Good focus on using the appropriate products to attract profitable customers. Associate Relations department is very responsive to associate issues. Lots of career opportunities.

ConsStill a credit card bank, credit cards define profitability branches needed for low cost deposits. Branches are treated as second class citizens, backrooms define what happens. Management is focused on metrics and not outcomes. Career opportunities caused by Associate turnover. Quick change is not well thought out before execution.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the right metrics. To many offices are hitting their incentive goals but Cap One is not getting what it wants or needs. Customers really don't like the bank, like their branches but not the company.

Too many changes

Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I worked at Capital One full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The compensation and benefits package were competitive with the standard here in… Cons: Too many changes in upper level management. In the 4 years I worked there I had 4 different managers and watched other… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Work experience

I have been working at Capital One full-time

Pros: Good work experience and potential to grow Cons: People dont practice good leadership skills Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital One CEO Richard D. Fairbank. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees.