There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Great partners at Capital One Bank.

Former Employee - Insurance Specialist in New York, NY
Former Employee - Insurance Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Capital One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many of the Bankers, Branch Managers, Financial Consultants and TELLERS believed in insurance. They knew that I was the only knowledgable and competent insurance agent many of their clients would ever have a chance to meet and I got to help many people who needed my services. The Bankers and other partners uncovered these needs and made the introductions!

Cons

I didn't get to meet as great a variety of the Bank clients as I would have liked. There was no mandate to introduce, I only got to meet the "low hanging" fruit so to speak. There were many opportunities that were left "un-met".

Advice to Management

Reward the bankers and partners better when they think/refer outside the traditional points. There was very little incentive, financial or otherwise for the partners to introduce more clients.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

1. Overall a great experience with the company and management.

I have been working at Capital One (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very open and creative environment

Cons

attenuated growth, stiff competition landscape

2. Fantastic work-life balance, if you are willing to do the sales grind.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Irving, TX

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is phenominal, they want employees to be rested and have a life Constantly training so you are not doing this alone Great sense of district-wide comradory and competition Management seems to only get on your case if you are failing to actually work Capital One really strives to be a different kind of bank, it's fun to watch the company constantly evolve

Cons

Several different systems needed to perform daily functions will drive you crazy Don't have down-time to catch up on the mountains of paperwork Interdepartment collaboration is non existant, everybody uses a different system Your "big money" success depends on your business and investment partners, if you have a good one they will help you, if you have lazy ones you will absolutely fail

Advice to Management

Get these systems corraled because it creates so much work for lower level employees. Understand that our tellers are what DRIVE the community feel of the bank, the more empowered they feel, the more business we bankers get...